MightyMalcolmDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 3:25 PM | Message # 1
[TSH]Consul
Group: Embassy
eyo folks, don't freak out! just check this wink

Applause from the audience, please!

DragonfighterDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 3:59 PM | Message # 2
Rank VI
Group: Corporals
You wanna destroy the game now completely?

Seriosly f*** this. It wouldnt be any more fun to play, well and the gore plugin? You really think it would make it less laggy if you remove ragdolls but add a plugin which puts dead body parts in the game? I dont think so.

I guess the first step you should do is make a lower ping limit instead of 450 ö.ö and stop the mage wars....

Seriosly guys.... dry

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

BambamDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 4:26 PM | Message # 3
Rank VI
Group: Generals
Well, I'd agree on trying it out for a short time, e.g. a few days. If it makes the server less laggy, it can be discussed whether to install it permanently or whether not.

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

TuralyonDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 4:54 PM | Message # 4
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Considering that "corpses" display differently for everybody, this would actually make "parts" or the players seen by everyone.
Like Malc said in our chat, this would involve staves, body parts such as the whole Torso, swords, et cetera. If you ask me, this would still make it for everyone to see where someone died plus the fact that it might reduce the lag.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

JilakoDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 8:32 PM | Message # 5
Rank VII
Group: Generals
You wanna destroy the game now completely?

Eeee..It's just ragdolls, i mean, the game isn't just ragdolls Oo
and stop the mage wars....
and mages wars aren' the game? tongue

And as i said to bam, anything which can reduces my lags and problems will be supported by me

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

LimfiDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 8:53 PM | Message # 6
Rank II
Group: Junkers
Not a bad idea.Lets test it and we will see..

I AM NOOB AND I AM PROUD !

EnergiDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 10:25 PM | Message # 7
Rank II
Oh, oh another great idea of malcolm luna and friends!? Huraaaa ....no wait...most of that plugins they made till now were SO bad(and im saying bad coz i want to be nice qq)...
And for serious you realy hate this game so much that u want to turn it into some shit?
I also do not understand the problem.

FuzzDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 10:43 PM | Message # 8
Rank VII
I haven't gotten any FPS drops for quite some time, might be the fact that it mostly happens to mages, and that is not my most played class. Yet the past few days I've been playing mage, and haven't gotten any fps drops. But I'm not saying we shouldn't try this. I'm just skeptical whether it'll actually work or not, but definitely worth a try. (Although it'll suck without the effect of someone dying a retarded, but funny way xD , always makes my day when a body starts "break-dancing, or flies 400 miles into the air^^, most importantly, the effect of getting nailed to something by the arrow, so epic.)

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

MightyMalcolmDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 10:51 PM | Message # 9
[TSH]Consul
Quote (Energi)
plugins they made till now were SO bad
ye they allow us to add admins the way we want by not giving rcon to everybody, fix exploits and ... oh yeah the little nothingness of making DM hacker-free ...

Quote (Energi)
also do not understand the problem.
obivously >.>

Quote (Fuzz)
the effect of getting nailed to something by the arrow
damn didn't think of that :<

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Thursday, 2011-06-30, 10:51 PM

EnergiDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 11:46 PM | Message # 10
Rank II
I was thinking moar bout plugins with monsters , potions , this weird clouds when u are dead... I liked the priest change for example but srsly gore effect instead of ragdolls? Lags ? Where?lol ive got lags on dm when i play too long and my fps go down coz of cpu or when ive got problems with internet but i havent noticed the thing u are talking about ....i play quite long this game ... ((Rofl hell ofc thanks to mal but for me some of ideas are just stupid))

Message edited by Energi - Thursday, 2011-06-30, 11:50 PM

HellDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 11:46 PM | Message # 11
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Haha all Mal's plugins are really double-sided, I mean, some of them r useful, but some ppl complained of increased lagz due to these plugins so dunno xD And the fact that when the fresh plugin is implemented in 90% it is bugged or has some holes (if we remember antispeedhack plugin/self tele/self kick/stoneskin plugin not to mention that once our training was ruined due to some issue with pots plugin which couldn't be switched off xD). But anyway Mal is really concerned about the game and it's future (hehe ye dm is dying but still). And moreover he spends much time and energy on this+there is no need for him to do this at all, he can just let the things go like they are and not give a damn but he does it coz he is a nice person and does it for the greater good and I admire this. Thx Mal tongue Although you make some mistakes, you always fix them (whispers:ask Luna to try to fix the mini-map bug ^^') and every your step usually transfers into a good plugin like the antispeedhack one tongue

I'm hot, u r not!

EnergiDate: Thursday, 2011-06-30, 11:59 PM | Message # 12
Rank II
I just like the game as it is and i dont like when somebody is trying to change its gameplay or look so much.

"he can just let the things go like they are and not give a damn but he does" - i should be ashamed or sth ? biggrin
About fixing bugs and anti hacks i agree! But leave game alone please -.-

MightyMalcolmDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 0:11 AM | Message # 13
[TSH]Consul
*blushes*
*hugs hell*

nah, srsly now: i know there have been loads of issues coming along with plugins. but rly almost all of them are unpredictable and that is what you need testing for.

this stoneskin thing for example. the basic idea was to jump in whenever a prst gets damage, then check whether she is wearing stoneskin and finally edit the damage adequately. this is put into code as easily as it sounds. you do it 100% the way it has to look like. and what happens ingame? you get random damages. i mean wtf? how can you possibly foresee that? so please have patience with luna and me.
you have every right to be angry when you just wanna play and the server just screws up again cuz i am testing new stuff. believe me, in the moments i usually am more pissed than anyone else -.-
but please leave luna out of your criticism. you don't even see half the amount of plugins he makes and can hardly have any idea how much work this is for him beside his real life. so be nice to him, even if he sometimes shows some "strange" chat habits wink

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Friday, 2011-07-01, 0:12 AM

HellDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 0:12 AM | Message # 14
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Well. Actually these plugins with pots and monsters were made long ago and since then no similar plugins have been made so far that's why I don't understand your attitude. Besides, Mal said that this plugin with ragdolls was made just in order to test whether they r the reason for lagz which appear (yes I also don't have any lagz on any serv usually unless I got provider problems or there are problems with the serv host himself) but Tura said one thing which I think is really wise: I understand your arguments and all but you can't neglect other people's opinions and complaints too.

I'm hot, u r not!

MightyMalcolmDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 0:43 AM | Message # 15
[TSH]Consul
ah the monsters! almost forgot about them biggrin i don't understand what anyone could possibly have against them - was so hilarious when we tested the spiders xD a shame they were buggy and i had to remove them :<
anyway, these are of fucking course only for fun and NOT for everyday use. how long have we been talking about a funtime on our server? i think right from the start (2 years now xD) and never rly managed to set it up. good you remind me of it tongue maybe this weekend i'll work on the topic a bit.

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » no ragdolls
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz