Friday, 2024-03-29, 2:14 AM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » Conversation » Something about DMoMM » What exactly is considered a Bhop? (Ambiguous jumping)
What exactly is considered a Bhop?
TyranusDate: Thursday, 2009-10-29, 10:23 PM | Message # 1
Rank III
Group: Corporals
I am making this thread because I still am not sure what is considered a bhop. Some people told me that it is when you jump constantly with crouch (ctrl key pressed). But some told me the bhop is when you jump many times constantly without crouch. Now I suspect crouch has something to do with accelerating, so you get somewhere faster and I didn't notice that jumping only (without crouch) would gave me some extra speed. So what really is a bhop? I'm confused. wacko unsure

NikitsonDate: Friday, 2009-10-30, 0:10 AM | Message # 2
{KoD}Ambassador
Group: Embassy
Bhop is Strafe jumps with Change some settings(bind mwheelup +jump or bind mwheeldown +jump) as i remeber bhop comes from Quake.
nowadays CS is a game where you could see a lot of players who use that.
Bhop needs a lot of practice.

in DM bhoping..
so Dm allows you to jump with sorta acccelrate/some time not losting the speed - inclined plane /plane surface
Most important Thing its not useing CTRL(crouch)
The Most important Thing is PUSH OFF from a Turn.
Wherever its the same...just Practice wink

TuralyonDate: Friday, 2009-10-30, 12:59 PM | Message # 3
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
It's like this ... in DM you can time your jumping without using mousewheel, and you'll achieve the same thing.
But, bhopping in general is considered exactly what Niki said.
While on our server, we have a different, more abstract kind of "bhop" rule.

And it's like this, you can jump as many jumps as you want, just as long as you don't use ctrl (crounch) while doing it.
For example:
You can do this - control+jump + jump + jump + jump...
You can't do this - control+jump + control+jump + control+jump...

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

TyranusDate: Friday, 2009-10-30, 4:00 PM | Message # 4
Rank III
Group: Corporals
Heh, I didn't knew mousewheel had sth to do with bhop.
Ok I think I understand it now. Jumping is okay, no matter if you do the next jump right after you hit the surface, just avoid doing that with CTRL pressed. Right?

JilakoDate: Sunday, 2009-11-01, 10:42 AM | Message # 5
Rank VII
Group: Generals

but there's a little problem (or maybe not but i think there is one): if a priest throw a bramble on an area , you'll can cross that bramble really easy by using it whereas normally brambles should slow you, and the bramble become useless (ok, the priest still have the corrupt bonus but the bramble no more has his full effective)

Added (2009-11-01, 10:42 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Another thing too, how know if the other is using crouch or not? I ask because once i was using only jump jump jump (so no crouch..) and Turalyon thought I was using it (it = jump+crouch) (yesterday on eye serv, crusade mode, ctf 3 (i'm not sure))

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

Message edited by Orc - Sunday, 2009-11-01, 10:44 AM

KamiziDate: Sunday, 2009-11-01, 11:00 AM | Message # 6
Rank V
Group: Volunteers
But in rules is written that we can "jump jump jump" as crazy. So it is allowed.

He wanna kill me!

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2009-11-01, 11:34 AM | Message # 7
Clan Protector
Quote (Kamizi)
But in rules is written that we can "jump jump jump" as crazy. So it is allowed.

Quote (Turalyon)
You can't do this - control+jump + control+jump + control+jump...

Quote (Turalyon)
-Using bunny-hops. A bunny-hopping is considered when a person uses multiple jumping either forwards or backwards to escape a charging enemy. Bunny hopping is not allowed because it increases your speed, that results in evading your enemies with ease, and therefore we come to a contradiction. If a simple mage uses bunny hops, a fully stamina boosted warrior cannot reach him, therefore not even hurt him. Mage on the other hand, while bhopping can shoot the enemies. In short words, you can do this: SPACE + SPACE + SPACE + SPACE (where SPACE is on default for jump), but you must not do this: CTRL+SPACE + CTRL+SPACE + CTRL+SPACE (where SPACE stands for jump and CTRL for crounch).

KamiziDate: Sunday, 2009-11-01, 2:58 PM | Message # 8
Rank V
Group: Volunteers
Aye! by "jump jump jump" I meant without crouch ofc wink

He wanna kill me!

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2009-11-01, 3:59 PM | Message # 9
Clan Protector
Well, when you jump with crouch+jump you don't hear any footsteps ... if you jump with normal jump, you can be heard. And secondly, when you jump with crouch+jump your pose in jumping is different than without the crouch.
And yes, I remember, you were playing an assassin, Jil, but at your level you didn't have the quieter footsteps enabled, unless you changed your skills in 0.0001 seconds when you saw me behind you and started running away and I heard your footsteps. Also, you were jumping quite for a while there, and from my experience if there is no hill downwards (where it wasn't) you won't get really far, because you jump distance will decrease really fast, whereas yours didn't.

JilakoDate: Sunday, 2009-11-01, 9:56 PM | Message # 10
Rank VII
Group: Generals
you changed your skills in 0.0001 seconds when you saw me behind you
have you any doubts about my awesome speed to change skills? biggrin
But i really didn't use crouch , i was using only jumps in the way to show to other people that even with only jumps, you can get fast and far. And about that the distance decrease really fast, i disagree with it (or, at least, it doesn't when i do it) even if it'll decrease faster than with crouch. (i don't think it has any links with it but my jump key is right click)
Then , a warr with full stamina (i speak about the skill) will can cross a map very fast by doing that: run, jump jump jump , he keeps jumping until he gets 75% of stamina then he runs again a few to get again speed and jump again, i already tried it many times and you can go very fast with it.
And another thing, can we do the jump jump jump thingy when carrying the flag?

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

Message edited by Orc - Sunday, 2009-11-01, 9:56 PM

TuralyonDate: Monday, 2009-11-02, 4:12 PM | Message # 11
Clan Protector
Than you have to show me someday.

Forum » Conversation » Something about DMoMM » What exactly is considered a Bhop? (Ambiguous jumping)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz