[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » a day without sourcemod
a day without sourcemod
MightyMalcolmDate: Thursday, 2011-05-26, 9:39 AM | Message # 1
[TSH]Consul
Group: Embassy
the number of complaints concerning lags isnt shrinking although we even made a few tests in warmode. details to be read in the tsh forum. these concerned voices seem to have a broad base. it just HAS to mean sth when the 2 guys most hating each other in this clan independently come "reporting" to me at the same day.
since i have no idea what i could do more than setting the warmode, i will now remove ALL sourcemod plugins - even the essential ones. so technically it will be installed, just not doing anything. like a car without fuel. when we restart the server for cw, i will re-upload them. if there are any objections and/or someone definitely DOES NEED the sourcemod running normally before cw time, just try contacting me via steam and i will re-install them in notime. don't say i was deciding everything on my own.
the last possible step if everything fails would be removing sourcemod completely (and i mean completely). or i will write an angry letter to teamplay demanding more server power.
play as much as possible today so we can compare. may the hacking begin.

best regards,
mighty

Added (2011-05-26, 0:03 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Ps.: saw quite a number of log files still stored on the server ... from 2009. any chance they could be the reason? this goes out to everyone with server experience as it has nothing to do with SM

Added (2011-05-26, 9:39 Am)
PPS.: i hereby also encourage you to play on RB! it has the sourcemod essentials + class restrictions + a bit of fun stuff + the speedhack detector (!) running. if it lags extraordinarily it might hint to a plugin-related problem.

Applause from the audience, please!

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Thursday, 2011-05-26, 9:29 AM

HellDate: Thursday, 2011-05-26, 1:01 PM | Message # 2
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Quote (MightyMalcolm)
it just HAS to mean sth when the 2 guys most hating each other in this clan independently come "reporting" to me at the same day.

Ehhm, Maaal tongue *cough* Your data are a bit eeeeh... old-fashioned, huh? *cough* If you mean me and Jil ofc tongue

I'm hot, u r not!

MightyMalcolmDate: Friday, 2011-05-27, 0:00 AM | Message # 3
[TSH]Consul
huh? you guys like each other again? O.o who ever said miracles wouldn't happen rolleyes

Added (2011-05-27, 0:00 Am)
i followed my own appeal and played quite some hours on the server today. i cannot rly say the reduction in plugins was a great win for my fps. maybe it was 35 instead of 25 when things got crowded and fireballs were flying everywhere. i re-installed the sm essentials now. nothing more.

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Friday, 2011-05-27, 0:12 AM

TuralyonDate: Friday, 2011-05-27, 9:38 AM | Message # 4
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Quote (MightyMalcolm)
Ps.: saw quite a number of log files still stored on the server ... from 2009. any chance they could be the reason? this goes out to everyone with server experience as it has nothing to do with SM

I think this might do the trick.

About the lag, I find it growing exponentially. When there are 5 people on the server, there is no lag. When there are 12 people on, you can feel some of it, which grows with more spells people use. And when there is 20 players on, it lags a lot.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

MightyMalcolmDate: Friday, 2011-05-27, 4:32 PM | Message # 5
[TSH]Consul
luna suspects that the game has an error not properly destroying unused entities (such as dead players' regdolls or fireballs). they disappear, but the memory might not be freed and thus slowing things down. all we can do is guessing, though -.-

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » a day without sourcemod
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz