Friday, 2024-03-29, 9:15 AM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » reserved slots? (just an idea)
reserved slots?
MightyMalcolmDate: Friday, 2011-06-03, 10:49 PM | Message # 1
[TSH]Consul
Group: Embassy
alriiiiiiight! sm is not the reason for low fps/high pings/lags in general. good news! downside: nothing that could be done happy

so here is what my tired brain came up with: teamplay got paied for the 20 slots for the next 4 months so we'll have to make the best out of it. my suggestion would be making 4 of these slots reserved. 16 slots would be shown in the server list and it would hopefully fight back lag frustration a bit.
still i'm not too sure how to configure it. trusted admins (rank 4 of 5) and higher would recieve such a reserved slot. now saying the server had 16/16 players, at least 4 of them could still join. but what if there are only e.g. 12/16 players - should they ALAWYS occupy a reserved slot and NOT a public one? this would allow more "normal" ppl to join. or only if the server is full already? or abandon the idea completely? opinions pls!

Added (2011-06-03, 10:47 PM)
---------------------------------------------
ah and btw tura pls enable email-notification! if i don't get reminded, i always forget to check forums wacko

Added (2011-06-03, 10:49 PM)
... even our own ^^

Applause from the audience, please!

TuralyonDate: Friday, 2011-06-03, 11:10 PM | Message # 2
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Sounds like a good idea, and I would keep it that trusted admins always take the reserved spot. If we want to play as normal players, simply go under different nick and use the normal slot.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

JilakoDate: Saturday, 2011-06-04, 8:18 AM | Message # 3
Rank VII
Group: Generals
Good idea,and as said tur, the trusted admins should always take the reserved slot, so they don't cause problems with ..public slots ..

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

DragonfighterDate: Saturday, 2011-06-04, 10:26 AM | Message # 4
Rank VI
Group: Corporals
Yeah good idea, you should try it in my opinion.

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

HellDate: Saturday, 2011-06-04, 12:09 PM | Message # 5
Rank VII
Group: Obers
I also believe that admins should occupy reserved slots, and ye, nice idea, Mal tongue

I'm hot, u r not!

BambamDate: Saturday, 2011-06-04, 2:41 PM | Message # 6
Rank VI
Group: Generals
I'm not wondering about the amount of positive responses, seeing how many admins are speaking tongue

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

DragonfighterDate: Saturday, 2011-06-04, 2:46 PM | Message # 7
Rank VI
biggrin

FuzzDate: Saturday, 2011-06-04, 3:13 PM | Message # 8
Rank VII
If it has just the slightest chance of reducing lags on the server I'm up for whatever, so I'm ok with it if we find out it makes a difference.

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

DragonfighterDate: Saturday, 2011-06-04, 4:33 PM | Message # 9
Rank VI
Aye

Well I hope it does surprised

XoneDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 3:13 PM | Message # 10
Rank I
Maybe quite idiot question: If there is 4 reserved slots are full, will we wait for reserved slot or... Help.. wacko

It's nothing without cookies!

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 3:26 PM | Message # 11
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Quote (MightyMalcolm)
trusted admins (rank 4 of 5) and higher would recieve such a reserved slot.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

MightyMalcolmDate: Tuesday, 2011-06-07, 4:09 PM | Message # 12
[TSH]Consul
alright! reserved slots installed and working. i used sourcemod's default functionality so there shouldn't be any problems. it will never kick any player. when there are 20/20 players on the server (including the 4 trusted admins), you will have to wait like everyone else.

ah yeah, one more thing: i chose to hide the 4 slots, so the server will be displayed only with 16.
so in case the server is full and you are a trusted admin (or tura), you will need to connect manually.

in console type: connect 85.14.228.97:27015 et voilà!

enjoy wink

PS.: aaaargh tura!! where is the email functionality??!

Added (2011-06-07, 4:09 PM)
Little update: i modified the sourcemod basic reserved slots plugin so that it suits our needs. was a bit afraid of that but it turned out to be not that difficult^^ so trusted admins now RLY occupy reserved in prefence to public ones. keep that in mind! 4 trusted admins are enough to make it a 20(-laggy)-slot server again!

*EDIT: please also note, that you only get updated on (dis-)connect (which also includes a mapchange). an example: you join the server "anonymously". then your friend wants to join in, but the server is full. then it will NOT be enough to change to your admin nick! you would need to reconnect (or wait for a mapchange) in order to obtain a reserved slot.

Applause from the audience, please!

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Tuesday, 2011-06-07, 4:59 PM

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » reserved slots? (just an idea)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz