Friday, 2024-03-29, 2:08 AM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: Turalyon, Jilako  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Joining the Clan » [ACCEPTED] Armed by Faith wants to join [EYE]
[ACCEPTED] Armed by Faith wants to join [EYE]
HellDate: Monday, 2011-05-02, 11:37 AM | Message # 31
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Quote (Kamizi)
it's not my ego, just da truth ^^'

tongue tongue tongue

I'm hot, u r not!

DragonfighterDate: Monday, 2011-05-02, 7:34 PM | Message # 32
Rank VI
Group: Corporals
But Im looking foward to the colo duels. Maybe you will show more skills there.

And maybe I will change my opinion... happy

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

JilakoDate: Monday, 2011-05-02, 9:39 PM | Message # 33
Rank VII
Group: Generals
But Im looking foward to the colo duels. Maybe you will show more skills there.

In my opinion, colloseum isn't a good way to see if players are skilled or not. You don't have to care about risks of falling and dying (ok, there are trenchees, but I might be the only tard who success to get fall damages on this map...), you won't get hit by allies (and if it's collo in teams, you will still have way lower chances to get hit by ally) and you don't have to care about coming enemies. You "only" have to focus on your enemy. So yes, it's good to be able to kill your enemy, but to me, to tell someone is good at collo is worth nothing.
[ego alert] Plus i suxx hard at collo whereas i'm pretty good in other modes which enhance my idea about collo not being a good way to check one's skills [/ego alert]

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

HellDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 0:36 AM | Message # 34
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Quote (Jilako)
[ego alert] Plus i suxx hard at collo whereas i'm pretty good in other modes which enhance my idea about collo not being a good way to check one's skills [/ego alert]

Absolutely. It's no use comparing colo with ctf, it's like comparing tdm with crusade... dry

I'm hot, u r not!

Message edited by Hell - Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 0:38 AM

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 10:22 AM | Message # 35
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Yes, but there's a difference if you play 1vs1 in Colosseum or 2vs2 or 3vs3. And we will play the latter.
When you play in groups, it's vital to know who you attack first, who to help if he gets zerged, et cetera... If you ask me, Colo 2vs2 or 3vs3 is probably the best possible mode to test somebody's skills.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

JilakoDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 12:58 PM | Message # 36
Rank VII
Well, for me, the best way to check someone's skills would be deathmatch (on a normal map, not colloseum map, so there are the risks of falling etc..), you don't have any ally who can come help you, it forces you to take care of your whole surrounding if you want to survive. Plus you are forced to be efficient and quick when killing someone if you don't want your frag to be stolen and to earn xp. Of course, one can say "you just dumbly shoot in enemies, you don't have to care about teamkills" but enemies will rarely let you shoot them while they are fighting.
Obviously, there isn't any objectivity in my opinion due to the fact that my favourite mode is deathmatch and that I kinda despise colloseum due to the fact that the map isn't awesome to check one's skills, if you ask me. (well, I also despise collo for some other reasons, but it's not the thread)

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 2:22 PM | Message # 37
Clan Protector
Well, for me, the best way to check someone's skills would be deathmatch (on a normal map, not colloseum map, so there are the risks of falling etc..), you don't have any ally who can come help you, it forces you to take care of your whole surrounding if you want to survive. Plus you are forced to be efficient and quick when killing someone if you don't want your frag to be stolen and to earn xp. Of course, one can say "you just dumbly shoot in enemies, you don't have to care about teamkills" but enemies will rarely let you shoot them while they are fighting.

That's why we "checked" his skills in CTF first, no?

JilakoDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 3:16 PM | Message # 38
Rank VII
I just don't see what colloseum will show about his skills that ctf hasn't (i doubt this message is understandable ._.)

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 3:50 PM | Message # 39
Clan Protector
Well for once, you are fighting against the same number of enemies - 3vs3 for example.
In CTF you hardly get an even fight, because some players tend to go solo, some go for flag, et cetera.
Colosseum is just small enough for all 6 players to see each other.
Consider it an even team-playing mode. In CTF the team-play is vital obviously, but it's not always even - someone just died, so the fight is 4vs5 ... one is extremely injured before the team-fight even began, ...
We've kind of reached off-topic a few posts back, so unless you have some complaints or special questions, we'll just wait for Armed to come on our next training on Friday or Saturday.

ArmedDate: Tuesday, 2011-05-03, 4:05 PM | Message # 40
Rank II
Group: Junkers
I`m waiting :-)

"Heaven hides nothing in its measure,
Mortal men blinded by false treasure.
Formless and vanquished we shall travel,
Shield and faith will guide our battle."

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2011-05-14, 10:05 AM | Message # 41
Clan Protector
Okay, I've thought my decision through and I've decided we'll let you in the clan.
Your skills might not be as good as some would like, but I think you have a nice potential of learning - as long as you attend the trainings and observe; but I do like your politeness and your attitude.

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Joining the Clan » [ACCEPTED] Armed by Faith wants to join [EYE]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz