Friday, 2024-04-19, 6:35 AM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Turalyon, Jilako  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Joining the Clan » Argonil (I'm awesome)
Argonil
ArgonilDate: Monday, 2011-09-26, 8:15 PM | Message # 1
Rank I
Group: Volunteers
Hello folks! I'd like to apply to your clan.

My name is Thomas Mortensen

I'm 16 years old.

I live in Denmark. (Ping = 30-50)

My playertag WAS ^0Styx but I've just changed it to Argonil because that is my playertag in other games.

My e-mail is thomas.thomasmortensen@gmail.com

My Steam-ID is tkmdie.

I play Mage, mostly, but I also play Warrior and Archer.

I like going solo in-game but I also believe that teamwork is the key to major fights, such as clanwars.

I can play at any time before midnight on workdays.

I chose your clan because it's the only server I play on, and I've met several of you ingame, and I think those of you whom I've met are reasonable and friendly people.

I have not been in any previous DMoMM clan.

I have a working microphone.

I have an IQ of 147. I've been playing computer games since I was three years old, so it's been a big part of my life. It has also made me so experienced with all kinds of games, that I might seem like an experienced player the first time I play a game. I believe that constructive criticism is a key point to improving yourself, and I accept it without discussion as long as the criticism remains constructive.

Except for english, I also speak danish. (Obviously)

Cheers. ^^

Message edited by Argonil - Monday, 2011-09-26, 8:27 PM

DeadmanDate: Monday, 2011-09-26, 9:28 PM | Message # 2
Rank V
Group: Corporals
I agree Mage is your mostly class and your skills as mge are ok.You understand to look out for your friends when you use fireball smile .About warrior you have a little lack but is no problem i think,if my clan accept you i can practise your skills and methods to be a good warrior happy .You have my vouch wink

CAUTION!

Walking Dead

MightyMalcolmDate: Tuesday, 2011-09-27, 8:03 PM | Message # 3
[TSH]Consul
Group: Embassy
eyo argonil,

haven't you been the one hopping from one team to another on death to keep your stats in nice shape? even if that meant to unbalance them half the time? the name is not too common ...
anyway, good luck with your application. DM always needs good players wink

Applause from the audience, please!

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Tuesday, 2011-09-27, 8:14 PM

ArgonilDate: Tuesday, 2011-09-27, 9:29 PM | Message # 4
Rank I
Quote (MightyMalcolm)
eyo argonil,

haven't you been the one hopping from one team to another on death to keep your stats in nice shape? even if that meant to unbalance them half the time? the name is not too common ...

I'm sure you must be mistaken, I have never done that and I always choose Auto-balance when I join the server. Are you talking about someone else named Argonil, or ^0Styx? Because ^0Styx was, as told, my name until yesterday. smile

Quote (MightyMalcolm)
eyo argonil,

anyway, good luck with your application. DM always needs good players wink

Thank you. smile

Message edited by Argonil - Tuesday, 2011-09-27, 9:32 PM

HellDate: Tuesday, 2011-09-27, 9:45 PM | Message # 5
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Your name sounds familiar to me, although I don't remember you and you also probably don't know me coz I haven't played dm for a while. Yet I gonna wait for some other guys to reply first, then I'll decide whether to vouch for ya or not ^^

I'm hot, u r not!

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2011-09-28, 1:06 PM | Message # 6
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Hello, Argonil.
First of all, thanks for making an application to our clan.
Before we begin any further discussion, I'd like to inform you that DM is a really old and basically almost completely dead game. Because of summer we even barely had any training - the only people from our clan you saw was those that play the game once in a while.
We do plan to continue our trainings on our regular basis, but first we also have a Tournament to finish - plus, nothing is certain.

Now back to you.
I do like your word expression and I do think that you would be a nice person to talk to and everything.
Considering most of us don't even know you, we'll have to test your skills on one of our trainings - which, like I said, is unsure when it will be (trainings are usually on Friday and Saturday at 18:00 GMT+1); specially because I rarely get to the computer lately.

Quote (MightMalcolm)
i'd never ever accept any1 beginning the more personal part of their application with "i have an IQ of 147", especially not when written in bold letters. I'll blame your age. just keep the nose down and you'll do fine.

I do agree with Mal on this point. But I don't think this is something to refuse someone to join for.
[ But I am curious, is that your IQ for Stanford-Binet or Cattell's scale? (that is, if we assume you actually were tested by Mensa and not some random school or Internet test) ]

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

BambamDate: Wednesday, 2011-09-28, 1:37 PM | Message # 7
Rank VI
Group: Generals
Hey Agronil, thanks for applying to our clan. Your application is well written, but I don't remember you from ingame, so I'd like to have a look at your playing before deciding about vouching.

A side note: MightyMalcolm is not an [EYE]- member, but the leader of [TSH], so his opinion does not directly affect your application.
(Nothing against you or your post, Mally, just to avoid misunderstandings.)

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

Message edited by Bambam - Wednesday, 2011-09-28, 1:38 PM

FuzzDate: Wednesday, 2011-09-28, 1:49 PM | Message # 8
Rank VII
Group: Corporals
Another Dane! Yarrrrh! Looking forward to see you ingame. My ping is slightly challenged these days, but i'll definitely play on trainings.

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

ArgonilDate: Wednesday, 2011-09-28, 4:42 PM | Message # 9
Rank I
Quote (Turalyon)
Before we begin any further discussion, I'd like to inform you that DM is a really old and basically almost completely dead game. Because of summer we even barely had any training - the only people from our clan you saw was those that play the game once in a while.
We do plan to continue our trainings on our regular basis, but first we also have a Tournament to finish - plus, nothing is certain.

Well I don't care if you're almost dead, I don't plan on becoming your ace either, I'm gonna play on the server, be socially active in the clan, come for some training and maybe a few clan wars, but I have alot of other stuff to do so my play time is limited. I also play WoW and LoL, I have a life of my own and an education to finish. smile

Quote (Turalyon)
I do agree with Mal on this point. But I don't think this is something to refuse someone to join for.
[ But I am curious, is that your IQ for Stanford-Binet or Cattell's scale? (that is, if we assume you actually were tested by Mensa and not some random school or Internet test) ]

I took the test at the HTX Gymnasium in Vejle, in Denmark, it was a test having the same questions and figures as the one on this website: http://mensa.dk/testiq.xml. - Click on "Start testen" in the gray box halfway down, but the one I got at my HTX Gymnasium was much, much longer. That's about all I know, I can't tell more because I wasn't told anything else.

EDIT: Something I perhaps should have added to my original post, the term "Gymnasium" has a very different meaning in danish than it does in english. English does not have a direct translation for it. A danish gymnasium is part of your education, and is somewhere in between the american High School and College. It is in fact not related to a gym, at all. HTX is a Higher Technical eXam.

Message edited by Argonil - Friday, 2011-09-30, 11:27 AM

UtopiaDate: Saturday, 2011-10-15, 11:24 AM | Message # 10
Rank I
Group: Junkers
well i see you playing mage and i say like deadman:your mage isnt bad,when u get more expereience and helps by our cla member u will be a fine player

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Joining the Clan » Argonil (I'm awesome)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz