• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » Conversation » Source SDK » Maps
Maps
KamiziDate: Thursday, 2008-12-18, 1:35 PM | Message # 16
Rank V
Group: Volunteers
I told you, I'm doing the hell for you ;]. Lang has already seen it, so don't worry. Maybe before 24th december I'll finish The Hell, so that will be your present :D.

He wanna kill me!

HellDate: Thursday, 2008-12-18, 5:23 PM | Message # 17
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Thx, Kam happy

I'm hot, u r not!

DwarfbierDate: Friday, 2008-12-19, 9:45 AM | Message # 18
Rank VI
Group: Officers
Idea biggrin

Try making a good CTF map, wich could be played for Clanwars too. Might be hard to do but gl.

Always hold tigh to the Present. Each condition, yes each moment is of unthinkable value, because this moment is the representative of an Eternity.

KamiziDate: Friday, 2008-12-19, 6:27 PM | Message # 19
Rank V
ehh, maybe some more details, what should be on that map? :>

He wanna kill me!

StanDate: Friday, 2008-12-19, 7:06 PM | Message # 20
Rank I
hell xD

HellDate: Friday, 2008-12-19, 7:07 PM | Message # 21
Rank VII
Group: Obers
my HELL >P happy

I'm hot, u r not!

KamiziDate: Tuesday, 2008-12-23, 8:04 PM | Message # 22
Rank V
Well, go to The_Hell! xD Hell is done, you can play it on rb 16 soon and here is a link, but watch out, hell is very dangerous and dark place xD http://uploaded.to/?id=u5y4df . Have fun and die on. Dwarf do you have any ideas for that ctf map? what shall be there? you know, castles, hills, mountains, lakes, rivers, bridges etc. Just tell me here or on steam ;). I don't have any ideas for now so I'm waiting for any GOOD ideas on which you would like to play ^^.

He wanna kill me!

DwarfbierDate: Saturday, 2008-12-27, 1:00 PM | Message # 23
Rank VI
Group: Officers
Ideas, hmm... I don't realy care how the map looks you see. Just so we have another good ctf map, except for standart maps. To tell the truth, im kinda getting bored of fun maps who are ctf based, but totaly useless for a great game.

My ideas for the map, what about a hilly map. I'm thinking off a lighty map like the ctf with the 2 ruins, and the 2 bridges. Maybe give it some different height based stages like the mana tower map ? Make some place where you can fall down, and at best some few places to hide. Please not too much open area, it will instantly turn into a Mage camping map, and thats boring.
Overall... not too big, compact, but still nice happy

For further info ask me on steam, if you start working on it.

Always hold tigh to the Present. Each condition, yes each moment is of unthinkable value, because this moment is the representative of an Eternity.

Message edited by Dwarfbier - Saturday, 2008-12-27, 1:00 PM

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2008-12-27, 3:23 PM | Message # 24
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
It's nice that there will be some new maps on DM. But don't get me wrong, guys, to make a good map, that doesn't need just good imagination, but also a lot (and I mean a lot) of thinking behind. For example, you make a map that SWISS once made which was really big, a lot of hallways, big building that a had a really big whole in the center ... now, here are a few things that are wrong, Warriors can't really do much there, same for Assassins (I'm not saying they can't kill anyone, it's just they have the disadvantage).
If you make too small map, there you go, Warriors will own the map.
Make a small corridor and long in longitude map, Archers will just use multiple arrows and have the advantage again.
Too "hilly" map is also disadvantage for Warriors. And I will give you just the right example for it. CTF_3, has some really small hills, but they are enough to hinder them to kill the ranged opponent. And again, that doesn't mean you won't kill him, but since we all know CTF_3 well enough, it isn't a problem ... but the problem will be shown on the new map for sure.

Btw, this doesn't mean you shouldn't make this map, it's good to have someone working on it. I'm just trying to put in some ideas to make the map more balanced.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

KamiziDate: Wednesday, 2008-12-31, 3:43 PM | Message # 25
Rank V
Any ideas for underds side? coz I need something good :>

He wanna kill me!

Forum » Conversation » Source SDK » Maps
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz