Friday, 2024-05-03, 2:17 PM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » [TSH]-๖TG^-[EYE] server with name restriction rule?
[TSH]-๖TG^-[EYE] server with name restriction rule?
TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 3:52 PM | Message # 1
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
We were thinking of adding a rule about name restriction for our servers.

Dark Messiah is a lovely game with a lovely medieval environment, so there was a suggestion that we keep it even more so.
To achieve that, we would ask of anyone who would play on our servers to use only RP names.
RP means Role-playing, or in other words, if you play a medieval game, you use medieval nickname, you act as a medieval person and you certainly talk like one.
However, RP names rule would mean that you would only have to use RP names, not it's behavior, et cetera.

Why is this good?
Because we would avoid people using names like "iownulol" or ":)))))" or "Retard".
It would give the better atmosphere.

RP names in this situation doesn't mean you have to use only medieval names or something ... use proper nicknames and not what was noted above.
Examples of good names:
- Kothgor
- Jilako
- Maliniak
- Eldis
- Marthol
- Elethiel

This thread was made to see responses from our members of what they think of this idea? Should we support it and make it a rule, or should we keep it as it is?

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

StBDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 4:13 PM | Message # 2
Rank III
Group: Volunteers
For me its okey "whatsoever" heh ^^ but making it rule would be hard i dont see our avarage player do that while not asking why and argue

hmmm so i think i should change name to something more roleplaish? biggrin (stan? xD)

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 4:31 PM | Message # 3
Clan Protector
I find your name okay. As long as it isn't a mindless word, emote-name or something completely random like "Idiot".
I don't think I see any complains about people's names from TG, TSH and EYE.
But we do see a lot of people using names like "oO" or "имба - which stands for imba" ...

BambamDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 6:10 PM | Message # 4
Rank VI
Group: Generals
Personally I don't care a lot about the names, probably because I got used to it. On the other hand, I am not refusing this idea itself.
But I think the main problem would be making people changing their nicknames. Most of them will not do it by themselves, and then you'd need to make them do it - by warning, kicking, name-changing etc.
This however causes a.) lots of trouble to the admins (even more when they try and start arguing), and b.) could make people leaving the server.
All in all I don't think that having RP-names would justify the effort needed.

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 7:12 PM | Message # 5
Clan Protector
Quote (Bambam)
But I think the main problem would be making people changing their nicknames. Most of them will not do it by themselves, and then you'd need to make them do it - by warning, kicking, name-changing etc.
This however causes a.) lots of trouble to the admins (even more when they try and start arguing), and b.) could make people leaving the server.

Let us worry about that. A simple plug-in that can whisper players with such rules can be installed.
We simply need to see if people want it or not.

JilakoDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 7:28 PM | Message # 6
Rank VII
I'm not sure to make a "rule" would be good idea, just to propose to players with the whispering plug-in could be good, then, if many people seems to appreciate this idea, we can turn it into a rule.
Btw,
I don't think I see any complains about people's names from TG, TSH and EYE.
I'm not sure that's really "roleplay" a knight named "bambam" or "analstuf rot" , or a guy named "hell" (unless he has some megalomania :p)

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 7:50 PM | Message # 7
Clan Protector
Quote (Jilako)
I'm not sure that's really "roleplay" a knight named "bambam" or "analstuf rot" , or a guy named "hell" (unless he has some megalomania :p)

It wasn't meant to be a knight name or something.
As long as people have some sense of what is appropriate and what is not.

DonSpeedyDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 8:33 PM | Message # 8
[TSH]Consul
Group: Embassy
I think in medieval the name "DonSpeedy" wasn't that common as well eh? wink

FuzzDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 9:00 PM | Message # 9
Rank VII
Group: Corporals
Neither is Fuzz I guess... I think putting on a name restriction is kinda silly, sorry, but it's my opinion. Idc what my opnonent is named, really. It might be the last thing i check. If i kill him, his name pops up on the screen, but other than that I don't really notice names... Besides, RP names should stick to what they are intended for. RP games, and DM being a FPA (First person action), I don't think RP names belong in it. Of course it's unique and all. But I don't really care much for names... I can see the issue with all "luls" names, and "Imba", "Oo", "LOLWTFLOLPWNDBIATH^3242". But just simple names by choice, I don't got anything against that. Either if it's Russian, Bulgarian, or w/e.

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

Message edited by Fuzz - Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 9:01 PM

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 9:19 PM | Message # 10
Clan Protector
Quote (Fuzz)
RP games, and DM being a FPA (First person action), I don't think RP names belong in it.

I lol'd.
Quote (DonSpeedy)
I think in medieval the name "DonSpeedy" wasn't that common as well eh? wink

Quote (Fuzz)
Neither is Fuzz I guess...

Maybe the "RP names" is a bad term for what we meant. It was meant exactly for:
Quote (Fuzz)
I can see the issue with all "luls" names, and "Imba", "Oo", "LOLWTFLOLPWNDBIATH^3242".

Quote (Turalyon)
using names like "iownulol" or ":)))))" or "Retard".

HellDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 9:27 PM | Message # 11
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Hope I don't have to change my name, coz I like it tongue

I'm hot, u r not!

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 10:00 AM | Message # 12
Clan Protector
Nah, you won't need to.

DragonfighterDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 3:17 PM | Message # 13
Rank VI
Group: Corporals
Okay so here is my opinion:

I dont think its a good idea to make this a rule. Names such as: "lol,imba etc" arent really good. But I dont think you should fore people to change there nicks... This would be a lot of trouble and I think most players would not like it.
Of course you could start a poll to see what opinion the players have. I think that isnt a bad idea at all. But what if a player from Russia is playing on the server. He can only use his Russian keyboard, so he cant type "normal" letters and maybe he doesnt understand you, so you have to kick him?

Its a nice idea, but I would not do it as a rule. But I would forbid nicknames like "lol,imba etc" In this situation you should ask the players to renname. Coz I think this nicknames are dumb...

But the medieval RP talk would be of course a nice idea in my opinion. This will definitely keep the medieval environment alive. And make it even more realistic.

Greetz
Dragon

btw, my name would be senseless to?¿ biggrin

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

BambamDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 6:37 PM | Message # 14
Rank VI
Quote (Turalyon)
Let us worry about that. A simple plug-in that can whisper players with such rules can be installed.

I strongly doubt that this would have any effect to the majority of the players that are using nicks such as "lol", "suka" "bitch", etc.
The vast majority of this kind of players usually does not care about rules in common (unless being forced to), and especially not about name-rules.
I still think we'd end up punishing/kicking them.

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 6:45 PM | Message # 15
Clan Protector
Agreement has to be made one or the other part.
What it leads to, is another matter.
You can't expect that a speedhacker would stop using speedhacks if you kindly ask him to. But the rule was made for it and it was followed.

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » [TSH]-๖TG^-[EYE] server with name restriction rule?
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz