Tuesday, 2024-04-23, 8:21 AM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » Conversation » Other Games » You ever played any of these games and how was it?
You ever played any of these games and how was it?
You ever played any of these games?
1.Guild Wars[ 3 ][27.27%]
2.World of Warcraft[ 8 ][72.73%]
3.Dungeon Siege II[ 2 ][18.18%]
4.Dragon Age: Origins[ 6 ][54.55%]
5.Age of Empires II[ 7 ][63.64%]
Answers total: 11
TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-16, 6:55 PM | Message # 1
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
And could you also type if you liked the game or not, what was the thing that attracted you to the game and what hasn't, why did you start playing this game, etc...
I'm just making this poll to see some opinions, etc.
P.S.: I haven't played two of them, so I also want to see some insight.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

KamiziDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-16, 7:07 PM | Message # 2
Rank V
Group: Volunteers
I have played only WoW with a friend twice. It was really nice to play and talking on skype, I liked the game but only when I played with him so it made the game funnier and not boring, coz we were doing the same quests at the same time.

He wanna kill me!

JilakoDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-16, 7:53 PM | Message # 3
Rank VII
Group: Generals
Well, I played World of Warcraft, both on private server and official servers, without hesitation, the official servers were better, but it might be due to the fact I was playing it with very good friends. I won't tell much about this game, some people have played it way more than me and will be better at giving details about it . The reason i played it was because friends invited me to join them, and since i kept hearding about wow, i accepted, and i'm glad i did.

Dungeon siege II: i played it but veeeryy loong time ago. Only things i can remember is that i enjoyed the game.

Dragon age: Origins: nice rpg, even if i didn't end it because of lack of time. I played it because i very much like rpgs and my brother having bought it..

Guilds Wars: I've played the 4 campaigns and ended them all (the main story). I very much like gw because in opposite to usual mmorpg (such as wow), skills are really important (i don't mean skills as in "lolo i iz pro", but as in spells etc..).
In gw, you can only bring with you 8 skills and can't change them unless you're in town. So basically, you have to be careful to your skills. For exemple if you forget a skill to ressurect people in your group, you're going to have some problems. Then, you have characteristics that will determine the damages, durations etc.. of skills. The good point with gw is that you can always change theses characteristics (if you're in town) without even needing to pay.If one day you want to play a ranger that is mainly aimed on his pet, and that another day, you want to play this same ranger, but focusing on your bow , you can. You can very easily try different builds of skills. And as if this wasn't enough with your own skills, you can make an hybrid and combine two different classes. So, let's say you have a ranger, and some of the necromancer skills would be pretty useful for you, such as the ability to reduce the enemy's armor. You can do it, you take ranger as main class and necromancer as second class, and here you have access to the skills of ranger and necromancer! pom pom pom. Well, i'll stop my propaganda about gw. *whisper: Join gw! Join gw!*

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

DonSpeedyDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-16, 10:46 PM | Message # 4
[TSH]Consul
Group: Embassy
One can hardly say that I actively played World of Warcraft, I just have / had a friend who was very much playing that game (sort of addicted though) and at the time, I did not have internet access, so I often visited him and played on his account while he was sleeping (quite pathetic I know). I thought it to be quite entertaining, but with the time it became boring since my friend always knew what I had to do different in order to play better, and I'm the kind of person who likes to have everything uncovered on the map, so i practicaly walked through slums, forests and stuff and also finished quests which weren't for my level at all just with the aim to finish the game with 100%, which is in an mmorp quite impossible. So I played my holy priest to level 20, tested every race and class up to lvl 3 and then never touched it again, and yet I did not regret it.

Dragon Age is on the other hand more my taste, since it has such a deep story (since it's from Bioware, a company which mostly makes great rpgs) and those nice dialogues, storytwists and so on, but the problem was, that at the time I was playing Dragon Age Mass Effect 2 was released (also from Bioware), and it was just so much more gripping me that I stoped DA, and when I finaly finished ME2 and had that comparison to Dragon Age (the two games are very similar if you take a close look), it was just that I liked the ME2 style more than the one of DA. Also I had lost my savegames and I deeply hate it starting games all over again (I could tell you stories with Oblivion, Fallout, etc.). I gave it one more try, but it didn't catch me, so I stoped the attempts. But still I look forward to DA 2, which will hopefuly be as good as its forerunner. smile

And Age of Empires 2? I mean, hey ... it's AoE ... 2 ... first one was great, accordingly the second one was as well, so why not? Still fun to play btw., and in my opinion way better than the third one, although I like its graphics, but well, optic isn't all I guess^^

Message edited by DonSpeedy - Wednesday, 2011-02-16, 11:01 PM

StBDate: Thursday, 2011-02-17, 12:20 PM | Message # 5
Rank III
Group: Volunteers
My WoW experience is from pirate server good game and lotsa of fun with friends but.... WHERE IS THE OLD WARCRAFT LORE?! Never again

Guild Wars Played all campains ended did shit load of pvp great game with great store and lore just sweet can get bored if you dont have what to do :P

Dungeon siege II: woo!great time killer awesome skills that allow awesome strategies story is good as well but one sided and ofc PETS for me worth it beated it 3 times

Age of Empires 2: didnt played the first one so i dont know about serie too much but lots of fun on multi

FuzzDate: Friday, 2011-02-18, 1:06 AM | Message # 6
Rank VII
Group: Corporals
I played wow since it released, I have to say i'm more into the pvp, always have been. Some pve moments were fun as well. Great game to have fun with your friends on. I simply love it, i love the challange in it when facing good players in arena, an adrennalin kick like no other when your competing for rank1 on your server etc, it's just priceless. As for the pve i only did it if I needed any of the pve gear to mix with my pvp gear, I never got full pve gear. Mostly because i didn't want to, and I knew if I ever needed pve, I could get my guild to boost me too it. So I just got what I needed. WoW pvp for life!

As for AoE 2, I always like rts games. Wc3, Sc etc. I mainly started playing AoE on my old windows comp back in the days, and got hooked. Then we started playing it on LAN events too, wchich proved to be more fun than i imagined in the first place. Playing various settings like king of the hill and stuff, variates the gameplay alot and never makes it boring. It's why it's like something you can be certain to play in LAN parties, it's just so much fun. It's also why it's become such a habbit for me and my friends to play it at EVERY LAN party. Just, so much fun! God!

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

HellDate: Friday, 2011-02-18, 11:08 AM | Message # 7
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Dragon Age was an epic game ^^ I liked the story line and the gameplay was pretty awesome as well ^^ I rly like such games which have a deep plot and some unexpected twists ^^

I'm hot, u r not!

BambamDate: Friday, 2011-02-18, 1:46 PM | Message # 8
Rank VI
Group: Generals
AoE II : I played it when i was really young, I don't remember a lot of it
WoW: I was invited by friends and decided to try it. I was rather disappointed by the lvling phase, but it started to become really entertaining in endgame.
I enjoy PvE/raiding most atm, since i am in quite a nice guild. I do some PvP every now and then, but i never really got into it... I can't tell why exactly, i just never liked it that much.

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

DragonfighterDate: Friday, 2011-02-18, 4:36 PM | Message # 9
Rank VI
Group: Corporals
Dragon Age Origins

The best RPG Ive ever played. Such a great story and the gameplay was awesome! I really liked this game. Coz It wasnt a totally linear story....A lot of variety. And unexpected twists happy

AoEII:

The first strategy game Ive ever played.( same sentence FTW biggrin ) But later I had some problems with my computer, so It stopped working angry But I have really enjoyed playing the game happy

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

TuralyonDate: Friday, 2011-02-18, 7:35 PM | Message # 10
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
World of Warcraft:
Started playing it in mid/late TBC. Played only PvP at that time, and when WotLK expansion came out, I started playing PvE. I liked the boss-fights in PvE, since it required attention, knowing of your own class and teamwork. However, after realizing that you're fighting the same boss every week, that has the same abilities etc., I got bored of it. I was still playing it later on, but the thing that kept me going was the guild I was in. In the mean time I've played PvP with my friends as well and I find it better than PvE because your opponents aren't predictable and it takes a lot of practice to know how to react in different situations (whereas PvE is more like "you know exactly what the boss is going to do" - and people STILL fail).
I agree with the rest that leveling in WoW is the most boring thing I've ever witnessed when playing any game. Lore is very poor while at it, and xp gaining is extremely slow. Sadly, the fun only begins at the highest level.

Dungeon Siege II:
A really good RPG, and it has some really nice and unique abilities and combats.

AoE II:
Nothing to say really ... everybody who played it will say it's an extremely good game. Medieval strategy ... storyline is just epic. And in my opinion, it's the best AoE made.

Guild Wars:
Haven't played it yet, but from reading about it, and hearing it's aspects from my friends ... I will definitely play Guild Wars II when it comes out!

Dragon Age: Origins:
Haven't played it, but I've seen trailers and got recommendations from friends and all the nice replies on this thread ... I already have it downloaded, but I'm only waiting for time to open up where I'll be able to play it.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

Forum » Conversation » Other Games » You ever played any of these games and how was it?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz