Thursday, 2024-03-28, 3:38 PM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » Conversation » Your Interests » Videos about DMoMM (any video about the game u wanna share with us)
Videos about DMoMM
HellDate: Monday, 2011-02-28, 11:09 PM | Message # 1
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Let me be the first one xD I decided to make my video of offensive-priesting the other day...it's my 1st experience of video-making. Sooo don't judge me strictly, but any criticism with common sense is welcome tongue

click

I'm hot, u r not!

Message edited by Hell - Monday, 2011-02-28, 11:10 PM

StBDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 6:09 AM | Message # 2
Rank III
Group: Volunteers
Why making video of killing em "our avarage players of dm"?
meh im there trying to bomb suicide on you biggrin do likey nice pristing :P

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 8:43 AM | Message # 3
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Hm, if I were a casual person, I'd really like your video ... nicely made, you can see that you're fast in changing abilities, etc.
However, I'm not and I have a little different taste than most.

I'd prefer the same video with at least 5 deaths on how you died. It'd add the feeling of being more realistic. It doesn't matter if it's a lame death or not, just that there are a few.
Other than that, it's probably one of the few good YouTube DM videos posted on there.

Another thing. Either it was me watching this the minute I woke up, either your fraps changed your graphic or something, or you don't have a higher resolution, or you don't want to make it due to the fact that it starts lagging for you. And if it's the last thing, disable shadows and add resolution - shadows are the biggest fps consumer, so you'd probably be able to add more than just resolution.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

HellDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 9:24 AM | Message # 4
Rank VII
@Stan, I didn't try to make a video full of pro-kill, just tried to make some overview of dm, priesting and well just show that priest isn't for healing only, well, anywayz mah 1st video, next time I can make a special frag-movie vs pros only xDD

@Tura, well, probably you are right, so I'll take your recommendations into account. As far as resolution is concerned..well I am not really into all the settings...well again i say 1st video (=no experience at all), I frapsed with resolution=1280/1024, edited and rendered in sony vegas pro 8.0, and used x264-codec for compressing...and i think the problem is in it. At first I used the wrong codec, the quality was awesome but ehhh...the video weighed 24Gb....well kinda large lol xD then i used x264 and the quality remained pretty good, but ofc worse, moreover, when i dled it to youtube, the quality turned out to be much worse than it was in the original...well, probably i should have used another codec or may be i forgot or just didn't know about some necessary settings...dunno...well if u can advise me smth, I would really appreciate it.

I'm hot, u r not!

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 9:36 AM | Message # 5
Clan Protector
I wasn't commenting on the quality of the video, I was making sure you'd get the best of your quality of your gameplay wink

HellDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 9:46 AM | Message # 6
Rank VII
Soooo, did I get it? tongue anywayz, I would like to hear some recommendations both about the technical side of the video, some tips how to make the video look better(effects may be or smth) or how to get a better quality of the vid, and about the video itself, maybe how to improve the content of the video, what would u like to see in a video about dmomm beside the deaths as Tura has already mentioned... anyway, I am waiting for many pieces of advice biggrin tongue happy

Btw, Tura, I hope u enjoyed my flight at the end of the vid at least tongue

I'm hot, u r not!

Message edited by Hell - Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 9:55 AM

DonSpeedyDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 12:54 PM | Message # 7
[TSH]Consul
Group: Embassy
sorry to interrupt you guys, but since this topic is about dm videos, i suggest you might take a look in this news (if you haven't seen it already), it actually explains itself, but for those who don't want to read: It's about a very talented video maker (for games such as dm or tf2), who would like to make a movie of epic kills and needs footage. Since you are undoubtly the elite in dm, i think it is mostly addressed to you. But if you don't want to have any business about that, it's fine as well wink happy

@Hell: Ber can maybe show you some tricks of how to improve your video as well cool

Message edited by DonSpeedy - Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 12:58 PM

FuzzDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 5:37 PM | Message # 8
Rank VII
Group: Corporals
I like your video hell. Although I think the true skillpoint of a priest is keeping your team in the fight. That might just be me. But a priest keeping up his entire team + himself can be very hard. You need to be propper manaconservative, which means, you can't afford missing stoneskin, healing thouse who you think have a hard time, not the ones who seem to be fine. All this can be hard to scout out and get a propper overview of. This is to me the "real" skill of a priestess. Nonetheless good movie, for a first timer the editing doesn't matter, it was watchable, which is the mainpoint. GJ.

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

HellDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 5:46 PM | Message # 9
Rank VII
Well Fuzz, the video was meant to be like that xD I mean I completely agree with you. Just in this particular video I didn't want to show others how to heal/stoneskin my team xD I think ppl would die during the watching xD

I'm hot, u r not!

Message edited by Hell - Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 5:46 PM

FuzzDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 6:18 PM | Message # 10
Rank VII
Not if did propperly. Of course you don't take the sequences where you have no pressure at all. You take the parts where it's 5vs1 and you keep yourself up, or you + a random. That way you will keep up the excitement.

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

TyranusDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 6:25 PM | Message # 11
Rank III
Really good video Helly, I liked it! I'm lucky to have an "alliance" with you. tongue

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 7:19 PM | Message # 12
Clan Protector
Quote (Fuzz)
Of course you don't take the sequences where you have no pressure at all.

Sorry Fuzz, but I don't think this sentence means anything. ^^

Quote (Fuzz)
I like your video hell. Although I think the true skillpoint of a priest is keeping your team in the fight. That might just be me. But a priest keeping up his entire team + himself can be very hard. You need to be propper manaconservative, which means, you can't afford missing stoneskin, healing thouse who you think have a hard time, not the ones who seem to be fine. All this can be hard to scout out and get a propper overview of. This is to me the "real" skill of a priestess. Nonetheless good movie, for a first timer the editing doesn't matter, it was watchable, which is the mainpoint. GJ.

As Hell already said, the point of this video was not healing at all. He even said that he wanted to show that Priests aren't only healers. They can be offensive. And this is how he showed how much.

FuzzDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 7:30 PM | Message # 13
Rank VII
The sentence makes sense. Meaning you don't take the parts of your frapsed moments where you run around healing 3 people without any kind of trouble. And I know the videos intentions. I was just pointing out what might be more entertaining for me as a person, and maybe also others. It was just a response to the video... I was just giving my ideas and opinions. You didn't seem to catch the essence of what I wrote, Turalyon.

Message edited by Fuzz - Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 7:34 PM

HellDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 10:57 PM | Message # 14
Rank VII
lol thx for your opinion, Fuzz happy

Quote (Turalyon)
As Hell already said, the point of this video was not healing at all. He even said that he wanted to show that Priests aren't only healers. They can be offensive. And this is how he showed how much.

Tura xD so freakin goddamn right xD jackpot xD tongue tongue tongue

I'm hot, u r not!

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 11:47 PM | Message # 15
Clan Protector
Definition of SEQUENCE
1 : a hymn in irregular meter between the gradual and Gospel in masses for special occasions (as Easter)  

2 : a continuous or connected series: as  
a : an extended series of poems united by a single theme <a sonnet sequence>  
b : three or more playing cards usually of the same suit in consecutive order of rank  
c : a succession of repetitions of a melodic phrase or harmonic pattern each in a new position  
d : a set of elements ordered so that they can be labeled with the positive integers  
e : the exact order of bases in a nucleic acid or of amino acids in a protein  
f (1) : a succession of related shots or scenes developing a single subject or phase of a film story (2) : episode  

3 a : order of succession  
b : an arrangement of the tenses of successive verbs in a sentence designed to express a coherent relationship especially between main and subordinate parts  

4 a : consequence, result  
b : a subsequent development  

5 : continuity of progression <the narrative sequence>

And even though "order of succession" might be tempting, it still means "An order of succession is a formula or algorithm that determines who inherits an office upon the death, resignation, or removal of its current occupant."

As for your "You didn't seem to catch the essence of what I wrote, Turalyon.", I don't think I will have enough space to copy-paste another term from the dictionary smile

Forum » Conversation » Your Interests » Videos about DMoMM (any video about the game u wanna share with us)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz