• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » Conversation » DMoMM Technical Problems and Solutions » Mass Crash
Mass Crash
JilakoDate: Saturday, 2009-06-27, 9:26 AM | Message # 1
Rank VII
Group: Generals
Hey smile
Since 2 weeks, i keep having crashes on dm ( "Dark Messiah has stopped working") but cause there's only this message , i have no idea what is the problem. Well, if it would be only crash each week, it wouldn't bother me but 3 crashes in less of 1 hour is some annoying..
So, if someone can help me biggrin

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

-Virus-Date: Saturday, 2009-06-27, 11:20 AM | Message # 2
Rank II
Group: Volunteers
Hmm... Stan reports, that he has crashes too, and hes going to take a break of DMoMM, like he said to me.(everyone called him lagger, bomber and assassin is for noobs too <_< ) ( Hes a good assassin, in my opinion 5/5 happy ) . But sometimes I have crashes too in town :(. It just freezes, and sometimes it restores, but sometimes it crash.

But I really don´t know what to do. Maybe its a computers problem or really the games problem.

Btw everyone, Im going to town next week on Monday, so il be playing everyday, and Il stay for two weaks ( FINNALY !! biggrin )

Message edited by -Virus- - Saturday, 2009-06-27, 11:28 AM

BambamDate: Saturday, 2009-06-27, 2:04 PM | Message # 3
Rank VI
Quote (-Virus-)
Hes a good assassin, in my opinion 5/5

As far as i know, he was the best sin ingame in his good times^^

Do you have these crashes in DM only? Or in other games/applications too?

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

JilakoDate: Saturday, 2009-06-27, 8:39 PM | Message # 4
Rank VII
Only DM wacko

DwarfbierDate: Sunday, 2009-06-28, 10:24 AM | Message # 5
Rank VI
Group: Officers
How about reinstalling the game ? Or just defrag the part of your harddisk, where the game is located. Otherwise just reinstall. If nothing is helping, it might be about your settings, or even that your Comp is falling apart :>

Always hold tigh to the Present. Each condition, yes each moment is of unthinkable value, because this moment is the representative of an Eternity.

Message edited by Dwarfbier - Sunday, 2009-06-28, 10:31 AM

BorbelDate: Sunday, 2009-06-28, 11:58 AM | Message # 6
Ex-Protector
Group: Spectators
Orc, Do you have BSOD-s? Or its just a gamecrash?

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2009-06-28, 6:35 PM | Message # 7
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Well, if you type in google the keyword "steam" you will eventually find Steam's official site, and once you look through their links, you'll find their forums, where they describe their everyday problems in every game ... and as for every game, there's DM too.
These kind of crashes are known for you having (or had) a virus on your computer, who was smart enough to mix your hard disk files a little. As they describe it, they say that error happened first in DM, and it was like that for about 9 months, and suddenly when they tried to play some other games (like Assassin's creed) the game crashed, but the "error" message was different.
Than they talk about similar stuff for about few pages, than they come to the most effective solution.
If you have two disks on your hard disk (like C: and D:) and you have all your games on D: and all your other stuff on C: the simple one disk format will do the trick ... but if you have only one disk, formating the whole hard drive will surely fix the program, but that means reinstalling everything all over again.
And for a reason "why not simply just defrag the part of your disk (like dwarfbier said)" it's because this error usually occurs on your hard drive's files, and not DM files only, they're only the ones feeling the consequneces.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

JilakoDate: Sunday, 2009-06-28, 9:34 PM | Message # 8
Rank VII
The only problem is that this crashes happened even after format , whereas before, i had virus but no crashes, but i go do a look on steam forums.

TuralyonDate: Monday, 2009-06-29, 7:39 AM | Message # 9
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Btw, by "format" I don't mean going to your My Computer and right click "format" to do that.
By format I mean you use your Windows CD, put it in, restart computer and reinstall whole windows.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

DwarfbierDate: Monday, 2009-06-29, 5:34 PM | Message # 10
Rank VI
defrag migt be handy for anyone :O (except you formated)

Always hold tigh to the Present. Each condition, yes each moment is of unthinkable value, because this moment is the representative of an Eternity.

JilakoDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-30, 7:58 AM | Message # 11
Rank VII
Well, i defraged and for the moment, i have no more crashes, i just hope they won't back. Thanks for your fast answers smile

DwarfbierDate: Saturday, 2009-07-18, 7:54 PM | Message # 12
Rank VI
hmm... if you have a virus who sends some files around on your hard disk, it might only be a question of time before your crashes are going too start again.... just look for a good anti virus program, maybe they offer some good in the steamgame forums, wich could find the virus tural spoke about. a virus usually sleeps in your WINDOWS folders, or programms, or program files (thats why i have 2 hard disks so i dont have to formate it all, if i dont get rid of a virus) if that ass is intelligent enough to switch around youre quite done for anyway if you cant locate it. the safest way to get rid of anything, windows CD, start from cd, formate, and everythings fine.

by the way, if you use right click on your hard disk and try to formate where windows is installed, it wont work... try telling windows to deinstall it self...

if theres none, just defrag every 1 or 2 years... you should look after your comp..

Forum » Conversation » DMoMM Technical Problems and Solutions » Mass Crash
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz