Thursday, 2024-04-25, 1:53 PM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » Conversation » Something about DMoMM » Last days DM?
Last days DM?
van_EmriesDate: Monday, 2009-06-01, 1:36 PM | Message # 1
Biggest EYE fan
Group: Volunteers
If end of game comes on already?DM have 3 active clans,not much servers and much noobs,lams,cheaters.We can help it game?It was possible to make 2-3 normal clans but Dm dont have 2-3 good leaders :/.For tournament too dont have eager players sad DM need help biggrin

BambamDate: Monday, 2009-06-01, 6:34 PM | Message # 2
Rank VI
Group: Generals
i agree, but i have really no idea what to do... the thing that annoys me most is that so many lamers are ingame. yesterday evening for example, a lvl-9-priest camped for the WHOLE time (30 min) behind the wall behind the bridge in CTF_3 .. corrupting , stoneskinning and brambles, ofc, and 2 mages beside her all the time... this was nearly their whole team (it was late in evening^^) and i got so angry about that and i could do absolutely nothing. Till i saw that Andre was online, i told him the story and he banned her permanently, and i was able to sleep well happy
and further, there are not enough good players online most of the time
btw, guys, we get lazy in trainings again tongue

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

FuzzDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-02, 1:10 PM | Message # 3
Rank VII
Group: Corporals
So u got a camping player banned? Aw thats harsh dont u think? cry

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

BambamDate: Tuesday, 2009-06-02, 7:44 PM | Message # 4
Rank VI
well, first , it was the third map camping (makes more then one hour, second , its just the RB 30 server where he got banned - he just has to play on another server, third , it was andre's decision to ban him. I was really not in the mood to appeal against it tongue , because i think that guys like him are a very big problem in DM- look at the KoD clanpage: Hate leaves DM , and he said mainly because of this kind of people....

TuralyonDate: Thursday, 2009-06-04, 11:23 AM | Message # 5
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Quote (Dreadful)
, ]So u got a camping player banned? Aw thats harsh dont u think?

Yes it is.

And if you ever see a guy camping like that (doesn't mind what server) ask him to stop camping, and tell him your reasons why. If he doesn't stop, try again. After that, contact an admin, but don't let him ban a person, because that's not wise, only a simple Kick always does the trick.

Quote (Bambam)
third , it was andre's decision to ban him.

Actually this was your decision to tell this to Andre'' ... Andre is that kind of person who will do anything that it's told him. He has that kind of ego. If you will try to duel him as a warrior, and you'll win, he'll modify the settings to his advantage (for lock-oners, "no-lock on" ... for the people that stance, run back (so the attacker misses) and run forward again "altered jumps" ... etc etc). So it's actually you who banned that "camper", not Andre.
Quote (Bambam)
its just the RB 30 server where he got banned - he just has to play on another server

So let's say you're best server to play on is [EYE] Domain (maybe it's other, idk) ... and I am on that server and I don't like you killing your opponents (it's just an example) ... so I will ban you on this server because I don't like you killing my priest, and I'll say "Eh, he just has to play on another server". Sorry Bam, but banning people for that kind of stuff isn't an answer.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

BambamDate: Thursday, 2009-06-04, 12:43 PM | Message # 6
Rank VI
Quote (Turalyon)
And if you ever see a guy camping like that (doesn't mind what server) ask him to stop camping, and tell him your reasons why. If he doesn't stop, try again. After that, contact an admin, but don't let him ban a person, because that's not wise, only a simple Kick always does the trick.

Believe me, i asked him more then 3 times. His answer was "noob", "dont cry" and stuff like that. About the decision between kick or ban: Andre said that he will be off in a few minutes, which means that the guy can rejoin without problems and continue (if he gets kicked , not banned). But yes, my decision was quite emotional, not objective as it should be.

Quote (Turalyon)
Andre is that kind of person who will do anything that it's told him.

I only know Andre as a experienced and mature player. I haven't been talking with him much ( he is barely active) , so i dont know anything about his go.

Btw, i saw the guy again, yesterday at EYE Domain. He was camping with forbs (which did 105 dmg). Tfs Archeron asked Hell (in steam) to kick him, many other players asked ingame. The guy left before Hell joined (Archeron said that Admin is on his way).

So it seems that even a ban did not do the trick: the guy didnt change his behaviour at all.

BorbelDate: Thursday, 2009-06-04, 7:28 PM | Message # 7
Ex-Protector
Group: Spectators
Heh, i’m starting to afraid to play on other servers besides [EYE] domain, cause “anti-lock&slash” community is getting wider and stronger crazy . According to your words Bambam, I could have been banned million times. wink

BambamDate: Thursday, 2009-06-04, 7:33 PM | Message # 8
Rank VI
hehe, i didnt say a word about locking , slashing or spamming (although in my own opinion lock makes duels boring in many cases) tongue
the point that rly annoyed me was camping-not once , not twice, but more then one hour ! (and besides, a priest with full corrupt/stoneskin/brambles and mages-cover is rly a little bit overpowered, isnt it? xD)

TuralyonDate: Friday, 2009-06-05, 3:25 PM | Message # 9
Clan Protector
Overpowered, hmm ... let's see:
People say being an assassin and throwing bombs is overpowered, being a warrior and having a priest beside you with stoneskin is ... being a mage and having no priest on opponenet's side is ... using double or tripple arrow is ... using lock-on on warriors, not to mention the overpowered slashes ... (all I've said above ain't any kind of bugs) ... and I won't talk about bugs because DM has lots of them.
To be honest, as I see it, you want people to use normal arrow, and aim only forward, because if you aim up, that's overpowere too, or my info hasn't been refreshed yet?
Or to play a warrior and not use lock-on when he tries to "jump over you?" ... so it's basically, why should warriors even run after you?

Seriously, I see all above only excuses why you got killed. And by saying "slasher" "lock-oner" "camper" "tripler" "doubler" and so on, you're actually saying "you're too good for me, can you please use only one talent of yours so I can kill you" ... and what really makes me giggle is than after those words you say "what you use is lame, because it's so easy to kill an opponent with that".

What I'm trying to say here is, that there's a difference between people who use "slashes" and "lock-on" and "multiple arrows" to their advantage (after tested so many veriables), and people that do only that, because they haven't played DM yet to develop something new. So by saying to them they are lame and stuff, that actually makes them feel "why should we even bother playing if anything we do is wrong".
There is a perfect example where Borbel uses both lock-on and slashes ... and you can't say he couldn't kill you with stances and without lock-on, he only thinks he'll kill you that way faster and with less health lost. Now to compare him with a so called "newby", ok let's say that person would do the same here as Borbel, but he would get killed faster, he might not even touch you for that matter ... and now you see an opponent, warrior with full armor ... Borbel will go use stances, and kill him aswell, while the other person would just slash him and keep doing that, even if he sees no health is going down.

So people, please don't use that kind of words when you don't know what you're up against.

BambamDate: Friday, 2009-06-05, 6:01 PM | Message # 10
Rank VI
Hmm, as i said above, the point that annoyed me was camping, not the use of corrupt / stoneskin. So i don't understand why you think that i conisider things like corrupt, lock , slash or triple as lame.
About the lock: What i said was just my own opinion. For me, a duel between two full lockers is boring compared to a duel between two mixers or no-lockers ( boring, not lame!). For me its just more fun to fight enemys without lock.
And i don't need to excuse that i got killed by the guy, because i have no problem in saying that i normally loose fights with a high lvl priest with focus on corrupt ( if the player is not new and if he sees me from distance)

Btw, Tura, i just remembered something : A few months ago (maybe 3) you kicked some people because of being mage ( you said that there nearly only mages in that team and told people to change class, otherwise you will kick them; i remember this because it was the first time i got kicked). But why did you do that?

TuralyonDate: Friday, 2009-06-05, 6:25 PM | Message # 11
Clan Protector
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6016/talk.jpg

Quote (Bambam)
So i don't understand why you think that i conisider things like corrupt, lock , slash or triple as lame.

Quote (Turalyon)
And by saying "slasher" "lock-oner" "camper" "tripler" "doubler" and so on, you're actually saying ...

It was said in third person plural.

Talking about people using locks ... I remember the days (almost the very start - I was playing DM for a year) and people were saying "don't lock-on" ... now people are saying "don't lock-on unless you're mixing" ... the thing is, these kind of things are like this ... one person thinks of a thread like "don't use stealth, because people can't see you, and you kill them too easy", and another person agrees, and they start talking about this. But we all know, this ain't kind of thread that would last this long, because most of the people wouldn't complain as they do on other stuff. And in the good old days when there were a lot of servers online and a lot of people playing, there were people slashing, using fire orbs, using lightning orbs, but noone complained, and we all had fun untill someone had to start "slasher" "noob" "cheater" ... and things get ugly.

JilakoDate: Friday, 2009-06-05, 6:50 PM | Message # 12
Rank VII
well, the problem is that people now say "Noob slasher" (i admit that i do it..) instead of saying what people can do instead of something (many players don't know what's a stance)
And in the good old days when there were a lot of servers online and a lot of people playing, there were people slashing, using fire orbs, using lightning orbs, but noone complained, and we all had fun untill someone had to start "slasher" "noob" "cheater" ... and things get ugly.

As you say, there were many servers online so in worst case, people could simply change server if they weren't happy whereas now it's not possible (the choice is : servs with many settings changed or 2 servs with settings unchanged) and when there're players KoD ctf and EYE ctf in same time ,it's almost miracle :s. But i agree with that's not a reason to scream (even if i also do it...)

But it's also boring to keep taking damages because your ally charged you whereas you were dueling enemy and begins to slash (or to do many many quick attacks, call it like you want) both you and sometimes steal your frag or team kill you.. (it's really annoying when you were getting to kill the enemy with your sucky staff as lvl 1 mage...)

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

van_EmriesDate: Saturday, 2009-06-06, 4:35 PM | Message # 13
Biggest EYE fan
Group: Volunteers
OK EYE members have respect if you want to help DM all from EYE must use poison arrows,slash,spam etc. biggrin

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-01, 10:29 AM | Message # 14
Clan Protector
Heh, guys have you seen that there are two new servers with a name "EYE and KoD chikens"
Three facts we know about them:
-First one is that they are all russians.
-Second one is that made me giggle the most, is that they even wrote the word "chicken" wrong ^^
-And third is, they actually think they're offending us ..

BambamDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-01, 3:06 PM | Message # 15
Rank VI
Shall we send them a link to a internet dictionary?^^
Or shall we just sit there and delight our eyes by seeing the result of a connection of envy and pure intelligence?

Forum » Conversation » Something about DMoMM » Last days DM?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz