Wednesday, 2024-04-24, 10:34 PM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Noobs of DM (Think it over...)
Noobs of DM
HellDate: Friday, 2009-06-12, 5:34 PM | Message # 1
Rank VII
Group: Obers
I remember 1 day I played priest vs me were 3 EYEs. I wasnt under [EYE]Hell, I was playing under another nickname. I killed 1 of them a few times and he insulted me all the time, said how lame I was and then he said that he wanted me to leave the serv, then I changed my name to [EYE]Hell and left, after that
he was saying sorry very hard.
So my question is: why do many EYEs call people noobs, lame slashers, spammers, orbers, corrupters, triplers, bombers etc? It is not only EYEs who do this but anyway, why do many of us say so? Why some ppl cant just understand that they r not the best players in dm and there r some people who can kill ya? Why do we say how to play to other ppl, why cant we let them have fun and use the skills they wanna? Why r u so angry when ppl kill ya with slashes spam and so on? It is their choice and they MANAGE TO kill ya! Why is it so lame? That u cant escape it or what's the problem with it?
I think we all should think it over...I think we shouldn't make people have fun in our way, let them play in the way they want if u dont like that someone slashes why cant u prove him that u can slash better? take his class and prove that u can slash better, for example, or why u cant take priest and show that u can play better, not to cry that priests r unkillable etc. Why instead of this u call their playing lame?
To kill someone with slash these times when enemy sees u rush him takes some skill and why do we call people noobs if they cant kill with stances like we can, cant kill us with flare etc? May be they cant kill ya with stances, flare, etc, but they can with these skills and why do we blame them for using these skills? for playing not in our way?? Aren't orbers enought nerfed to let them play, when this skill anyway is expensive in skill points and coming to a distance for throwing orbs takes some skill coz u can be killed by other mage, archer, priest.Why do we break fun of normal players and own at once? I dont think u will be proud if another person will leave dm coz of this insulting. Try to explain in a polite way not to camp, instead of complaining like "lame camper!" or "stop camping, lil noob!" If we wont stop complaining about those players dm will soon die, very few ppl will stay, coz many ppl will leave coz of insulting for using ''wrong'' skills....

I'm hot, u r not!

Message edited by Hell - Friday, 2009-06-12, 5:48 PM

JilakoDate: Friday, 2009-06-12, 6:35 PM | Message # 2
Rank VII
Group: Generals
Try to explain in a polite way not to camp

Fuzz said i'm a rock so i don't have tobe polite!
More seriously, haven't you never been angry on ctf3 when both enemies are using lorb on each bridge, preventing you to reach their base and tking many allys by same way? Or when an enemy mage is puting somewhere and simply keeping clicking without trying to aim (for exemple on ctf 4, at east human entry, lightning or fire mage can use fire arrow or lightning shock on the bridge without looking for aim, he just has to keep shoting the bridge).
Why r u so angry when ppl kill ya with slashes

when you see an enemy warrior who kill you while you were cloaked because this guy kept doing quick attack on all his way like a kid who found a new toy, it's some pissing off (and the warrior didn't got you cause he saw you, just cause he was a furious guy doing massive quicks attacks and with a big part of luck)
Now, about charges cause even if you didn't speak about it, people are complaining about them (and i admit that i'm one of this people complaining). A warrior who doesn't more run but keep charging without thinking is some annoying cause you have no way to interrupt it (and i don't speak about the fact that if you are behind him while he does it, he kills you too...)
And we can say same about leap attack even if there's still a way to block it as warrior.
Now, forbers,
coming to a distance for throwing orbs takes some skill coz u can be killed by other mage, archer, priest
i disagree with it, a forber can throw his forbs from far and with the fact that is sticking to enemies, aim is easier than with fireball but the cost in skills points make it tolerable (if good word). But fireblast, when a mage use it everywhere (even on his own respawn point) and burn allys and enemies... and i'm sure that everybody who will read this post will agree with me about the fact that this spell is freakly bug cause if your view (you know when you're dead..) is in range of fireblast, you're sometimes respawning AND burning.. weeee.. gj ubisoft! and there's no way to stop the fire except calling a priest for a heal whereas at least with the lorb, if you kill the mage, it's no more dangerous.
I stop speaking about all problems with classes cause it might be long.
Now,about being polite when explaining, ok, but when you to someone to use stances instead of quick attacks in warriors duels and the guy answers you "fuck you, noob", i dunno for you, but i don't want to be polite or even help him..
And people who says "fucking pros" aren't more intelligent..
So, yes, you're right when saying that screaming "slasher! fucking noob!" isn't very intelligent but when i see people who says you're an hacker cause you can kill them with the way they want you to use, it's some dumb too..

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

KamiziDate: Friday, 2009-06-12, 7:00 PM | Message # 3
Rank V
Group: Volunteers
As usaually Orc has right. I can add this I hate lockers. Usually lockers and slashers go in pairs, so for example, they lock cloacked assa and run behind poor assa trying to slash it and everyone knows warriors are faster (if someone don't know that go to www.hammer-tutorial.com, there you can see how much faster warrior is than others). For me lock is compiuter's skills, not own and duels with lock are booooring. Anyway, if you want to play with lock, play Single Player! It's almost the same. Slash is just stupid running on opponent and fast clicking or even hitting in mouse, for me it doesn't needs skills. Even orbs shows a bit more skills, same for spammers. If there is a good corrupter then it might be a problem to kill it but if there's "noob", then they get lost in they own pocket. Bombing is funneh so I won't say it's "bad" ;p. Triple is skill coz for that someone needs skills or he get killed. Triple users have a short chance to kill and usually only 1 ;p.

(I mean this ppl I meet). So broxie, I've written sth as you wanted xD happeh? wink Have funneh with killingeh peopleh!

He wanna kill me!

HellDate: Friday, 2009-06-12, 7:22 PM | Message # 4
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Ofc I understand your position, but still I think we should try to be more polite and tolerant and let ppl play as they want, not as we want... Insulting ppl and complaining won't solve the problem...

I'm hot, u r not!

JilakoDate: Friday, 2009-06-12, 8:54 PM | Message # 5
Rank VII
let ppl play as they want, not as we want

Aye, but when you try to help them by giving them hints and they thanks you by saying "fuck you"...
And btw, hell, haven't you ever nerfed flame arrow and lightning shock couldown ? happy (you noticed that i don't say spam)

Triple is skill coz for that someone needs skills or he get killed. Triple users have a short chance to kill and usually only 1 ;p.

I disagree and i know about what i'm speaking cause i often use triple arrow when i'm lvl 8. A good archer won't have only one chance cause or he'll first shot far from the enemy, will reload and charge the enemy. And, no, you're not forced to have "skills" to be good with triple A, it just needs to be good to run away if you miss your shot.

TuralyonDate: Friday, 2009-06-12, 11:54 PM | Message # 6
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Quote (Kamizi)
everyone knows warriors are faster

Archer, Mage, Priest: speed ratio of 1.0
Assassin: speed ratio of 1.1
Warrior: speed ratio of 1.2

So, it's a quite big of a difference (if you exclude the jumps where you magically reappear 5 meters away from one jump).

-Using fire orbs were nerfed with a reason, and I think most of the people would agree to that change.
-About Lightning Orb, there will be no nerf about it, because first, not many people use it, second, it has a long charge time and it goes slow.
-About Fireblast, the "when you spawn you get burned altho you have 5 seconds of immunity" bug should be fixed, but I can't fix that. I would make the charge time of Fireblast a bit longer (let's say about 0.8 seconds longer), but there's another bug to it - you hear this screechy sound all around the map when the charge is prolongued.
-Triple arrow vs bombs ... if you state that triple arrow is lame, I'd say that means you're stating the bombs are lame, and most of already counted spells above are lame too. But I don't mind these skills, because they're not quite bugged and it makes the game more fun, more dangerous.

What I usually do when I play:
-Oh look, there's a "slasher" warrior trying to kill me like he had a blindfold around his eyes (I am assassin), but yet, he kills me. What do I do? I just simply try to kill him normaly, if that doesn't work, simple bombing will do the trick, fight fire with fire. Let's say he still kills me, than I'll put the fighting into my advantage, I go play warrior and get over with slashes.
-I see a mage camping and "spamming" while I'm a warrior trying to nuke enemies. I'll roll an assassin, and my primary target will be him, kill him about 3 times, he'll change class, belive me.
-Ah a priest, corrupter or healer ... simple backstabbing does the trick.
-Bomber assassin, damn ... let's go Mage and shoot his bomb ... or even better, go Archer and shoot him from distance.
-"locker" is either warrior or assassin ... if it's an assassin, run away for 1 sec, turn against him, run away for 1 sec and jump crounched, turn against him ... that usually helps if you're an archer, he won't hit you, you have a clear shot when he's out of stamina ... for warriors, they also have a weak spot, if you're a ranged class, try to jump over some cliffs or bridges ... like in ctf_3, try to jump from a hill on a bridge, he can fall down from there ... if you're a melee class, let's say like an assassin, don't stay close to him, try to run as much as you can, use stairs, cliffs, bridges to your advantage.
-Hm, solves a lot of above problems ... but, there's also been a place where you had a "slasher", "spammer", corrupter priest with a healing priest in back, and let's say a bomber assassin on opposite team. What to do? ... Roll your best class, play as hard as you can, and post a screenshot on "best score ever" wink
*score doesn't always mean most kills and least deaths, it depends on situation you're playing in*

About people slashing you, spamming you, doesn't matter what ... if they do that, you can simply try to tell them a better tactic, if you think they'll do a better job killing you. If they response with a "noob" or "fuck you", just ignore him, he'll come around. There are about 90% people who will play how they play no matter what you say to them, but there's always a chance you'll run to the 10% of people who are ready to learn something new, so don't stop trying to help someone with useful tips.
Simply, if they reject your help, don't talk to them, even if they insult whole EYE clan, you, or just the leader ... like nothing happened, play forward.

How to fight against ***: (keep in mind, this doesn't always work, it's just fun to watch)
-a "slasher" ... huhu, go as a melee class, run in your enemies, the guy will just slash all the way, even his teamates.
-a "spammer" ... run around him, these kind of people are usually new, and they aren't that much observative, so a simple passby won't bring their attention, than just surprise them and kill him before he has a chance to turn into your way of attacking.
-a "locker" ... run between his teamates, so if he tries to stance you, he'll stance his teamates instead ... try doing this: run away from him, and if he's following you, just change your direction toward him, change your direction away from him (this is where he usually tries to hit you), than turn against him and jump over him and run away ... he'll lose balance.
-a "locker" + "slasher" ... do the same as above, but he'll run out of stamina faster tongue

And if you don't like an opponent being a "slasher", "spammer", "locker", that's just your burdening, and you gotta deal with it yourself.
My point is, if you don't like someone using lock-on, you can't tell him to stop it because you hate it ... it has to be his decision for it. It's actually the same as I would say to you "Kamizi, don't use heal on yourself if you're a priest ... it's lame".

If I missed anything, just post after me, I can always add/correct something.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

JilakoDate: Saturday, 2009-06-13, 6:26 AM | Message # 7
Rank VII
than turn against him and jump over him and run away

and when you're cursed and that you keep getting stuck in enemies who lock you? T_T "Noooo! let me run away! no no no, don't stuck me *dead*" weee..
Ah a priest, corrupter or healer ... simple backstabbing does the trick.

In my opinion, it's not this kind of priest the most dangerous but priests with stone skin, bramble and full heal. Ok, people who plays it good aren't many but when one of them is on serv,it's horrible, and specially when they do it whereas they are only 6 players on the serv...

But anyway, i keep my opinion about the fact that a warrior who wear 80 kg of armor CAN'T run faster than others , or his legs are as big as trees...

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2009-06-13, 8:20 AM | Message # 8
Clan Protector
Quote (Orc)
But anyway, i keep my opinion about the fact that a warrior who wear 80 kg of armor CAN'T run faster than others , or his legs are as big as trees...

Ever watched the movie Troy? Or the movie 300?
One wear heavy armor, and run really fast, the other wear really heavy shield and do a really swift movements. If you look at it this way, you can use your imagination that they're warriors who trained their whole life, carried heavy armor while running, upgrading their strength. While assassins were busy building their bombs, mages focusing their magic, priests growing their plants and archers .... well, they're archers tongue

JilakoDate: Saturday, 2009-06-13, 10:18 AM | Message # 9
Rank VII
upgrading their strength

that's big upgrade that they did.. they trained to run as fast as others with 80 kg of armor, and they keep training to run faster than other classes.. I'm sure they use performance-enhancing drugs, no other way o_o
*go call anti-drug squad*

NikitsonDate: Saturday, 2009-06-13, 2:54 PM | Message # 10
{KoD}Ambassador
Group: Embassy
Hell me says AYE all your words! smile
all time what i play its just relaxin of hard day and so on.. JUST HAVING FUN.
each other has right to choose your own attack skills way.
what about me... i m slashin, spamin, bombin, and so on coz i chose that. at least for hf

but alot of ppl play only for the 1st place its rly stupid tongue

when some1 says me: "NOOB" i answer him: "yes im noob its my first play.. i rly sorry that you owned by me cry "

lool for me its so silly but.... ROFL biggrin

SLASH FTW wink

FuzzDate: Saturday, 2009-06-13, 7:36 PM | Message # 11
Rank VII
Group: Corporals
Well i agree with Tural, outsmart the slasher, bombers, spammer, or what so, what ever. Keep the words to yourself, and have fun. There are many ways of tricking slashing warriors and stuff. For example, i love to backstab them when they run in circles like headless chickens. That really makes me laugh. And the point of having fun, is having a great laugh once and a while biggrin . Of course i can get pissed sometimes, but than i just leave the game, think of something else, than maybe 30-60 min. after i come back in, and im all cool and relaxed cool

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

AlnitakDate: Saturday, 2009-06-13, 8:19 PM | Message # 12
{KoD}Ambassador
I think that by the point of view of a normal player or novice player it is sometimes frustrating and ofc anoying see how a "pro" player own they each walk they do, so they use the best method for kill like slashing, bombing, spamming and those all things..
Well.. I can afford lorbs, slashers, bombers, etc but the most irritating to me are the mad mages, I mean, those mages who fireblast you when you have 3 enemies in front of you, these mages who don´t care if they hurt or kill their whole own team. But anyway, I think that is bad insult those all, and especially having a clantag.
The best to do when it happens is forgot and avoid them.

NikitsonDate: Saturday, 2009-06-13, 9:01 PM | Message # 13
{KoD}Ambassador
lool alni agrred
i love when freaky mages use chain lightinig when the enemy is being near your own teammates biggrin

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2009-06-14, 12:00 PM | Message # 14
Clan Protector
Yeah, I agree that using fireblast if you don't know how to, is a bit wrong.
But what are you gonna do, make server friendlyfire disabled tongue ? No, thank you ^^
If this problem (but only about fireblast) persists, we can arrange on our server that you take less damage if you're a teamate ... but I'm not sure if it goes one way, so maybe just reduce the fire damage to all.

AlnitakDate: Sunday, 2009-06-14, 12:38 PM | Message # 15
{KoD}Ambassador
Quote (Turalyon)
But what are you gonna do, make server friendlyfire disabled ? No, thank you ^^
, idd, not good, but I mean too that you cant use tactics against that enemies mages bcause you cant take cover in your enemies, rly annoying.

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Noobs of DM (Think it over...)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz