Tuesday, 2024-04-16, 11:49 PM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » [TSH]-๖TG^-[EYE] server with name restriction rule?
[TSH]-๖TG^-[EYE] server with name restriction rule?
BambamDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 6:45 PM | Message # 16
Rank VI
Group: Generals
Oh, and from my very own perspective.. I personally always somehow liked that bit of anarchy in DM (regarding the names), but that's just my opinion wink

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 6:49 PM | Message # 17
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Also.
People that do use those names, usually don't use them for their own benefit. They use it to harass others.
It may not be used directly, but why else would they use it? Because if the reason is that they feel "cool" with it, I think we have certain facilities installed in our world for such people.
That is why I think these names should be banned.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

DonSpeedyDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 7:00 PM | Message # 18
[TSH]Consul
Group: Embassy
Now is this topic about kicking people with names containing insulting/silly content or about asking them to change their name to more medieval ones? Because I think we (you :P ) are moving away from the topic's question surprised

HellDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 7:12 PM | Message # 19
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Well I usually change name not to be too much attacked by others (well u know many r proud of killing my priest tongue ), but usually i fail and ppl know who i am dry

I'm hot, u r not!

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 7:21 PM | Message # 20
Clan Protector
Quote (DonSpeedy)
Now is this topic about kicking people with names containing insulting/silly content or about asking them to change their name to more medieval ones? Because I think we (you :P ) are moving away from the topic's question surprised

Quote (Turalyon)
Maybe the "RP names" is a bad term for what we meant. It was meant exactly for:
Quote (Fuzz): I can see the issue with all "luls" names, and "Imba", "Oo", "LOLWTFLOLPWNDBIATH^3242".
Quote (Turalyon): using names like "iownulol" or ":)))))" or "Retard".

DragonfighterDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 8:44 PM | Message # 21
Rank VI
Group: Corporals
Quote (Turalyon)
You can't expect that a speedhacker would stop using speedhacks if you kindly ask him to. But the rule was made for it and it was followed.

And why was it followed?
Coz we banned them. And look at this nice player...i think "Ficken" was his name. He rejiones every day, just to get kicked again. (You cant ban him coz he has an IP changer) So I think he has fun. For him its funny to break the rules...So why shouldnt other people do the same? Especially in such an "unimportant" thing, they would probably think it would be a joke to change name, coz nobody cared about their names before....

In the end it will probably end like BamBam said before.
We have to kick/ban and punish them, and I think when we'll choose this way, we would probably lose some players...

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

Message edited by Dragonfighter - Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 8:45 PM

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 8:45 PM | Message # 22
Clan Protector
Rename command should do the trick, if the "show-rules" command wouldn't.

DragonfighterDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 8:49 PM | Message # 23
Rank VI
But they still will get pissed of I think....So dunno wacko

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 8:59 PM | Message # 24
Clan Protector
Let's look it from another perspective.
If you were someone who would name himself "Idiot", would you be offended if someone asked you to change your name? I think not.
Let's look it from a wider specter. If you were to use any of these names, did you use them to harass others or to show how intelligent you are by showing your pretty creative and original name? I think we could all agree the reason for it is more offensive than the reason to remove it.

MightyMalcolmDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 10:02 PM | Message # 25
[TSH]Consul
i think ppl sometimes just dont care at all and just type what comes to their mind. or do some 1337 5P34K that has no meaning at all just shows that you know how to replace normal characters by special ones.

Quote (Dragonfighter)
Especially in such an "unimportant" thing, they would probably think it would be a joke to change name, coz nobody cared about their names before....

agreed
just let everyone choose the nick of his flavour as long as it is not racist or rly offending in another respect.

Added (2011-02-23, 10:02 PM)
---------------------------------------------
btw, what would be next? kicking for taunt-use? i mean taunting before the older taunt finished? that's not realisitc/atmospheric too (just as an aside ^_^)

Applause from the audience, please!

Message edited by MightyMalcolm - Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 10:00 PM

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 10:14 PM | Message # 26
Clan Protector
Well, I find "names" (even the term gives you the contradiction) are something that define you. Something people remember you for or at least something you want to define yourself for.
I think we're civilized enough to have something simple as that worth of an effort.

True, we could say the same about using words, but that's an entirely different matter. At least a logarithmic scale big of a different one.

HellDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 10:18 PM | Message # 27
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Pfff hope I won't get banned for my "yaaaaaaaaaaaaa" screaming xD

I'm hot, u r not!

JilakoDate: Thursday, 2011-02-24, 11:42 AM | Message # 28
Rank VII
Group: Generals
I still think that a good idea would be just to make propositions to players of changing their name to rp name (i guess tur can find a nice way to ask so)but without forcing them, and if many people do it , or "enjoy" it, we can turn it into a rule.

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

MightyMalcolmDate: Saturday, 2011-02-26, 0:07 AM | Message # 29
[TSH]Consul
since one always should be open to new stuff i consider this a good proposition from da little frenchy tongue i'm still sceptical, though. even with people kindly asked i'm quite sure most will just answer "lol? leave me alone!" (or sth similar). prove me wrong!

Applause from the audience, please!

FuzzDate: Saturday, 2011-02-26, 11:53 AM | Message # 30
Rank VII
I have to say Malcolm is right, concidering what we are trying to change, it's something so careless, at least to me. Idc about names, really xD

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » [TSH]-๖TG^-[EYE] server with name restriction rule?
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz