Saturday, 2024-04-20, 1:31 PM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Is using "easy" abilities bad?
Is using "easy" abilities bad?
TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:40 PM | Message # 16
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
It can be changed, Deadman ... but it won't. Under no circumstances.
You can avoid them whenever you want.
Stoneskin protects you from 1-shot kill.
You can plant them and see them.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

JilakoDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:41 PM | Message # 17
Rank VII
Group: Generals
In my opinion , "easy" abilities are fine as long as none of them are nerfed, but once one get nerfed, it starts a mess (for exemple, the spam was pretty useful to kill a stoneskined person). Of courses, skill that instant kill are annoying, but except for mage's ones, all the abilities need to be close enough to use them, and even for mage, only lorb has a huge range. When you see a guy using triple arrows a couple time, it doesn't require a huge intellect to know that if you want to kill him, you'll have to do it fast, or in sneaky way. Same for an assassin who is bombing and that you are warrior, you can guess that if you follow him, he'll bomb you. Bramble is another easy skill that should be removed or at least changed in my opinon.It has a very large area of effect where is everybody is slowed and take damages whereas the priest can freely run in it as if it was a flower field, without speaking of the fact that for an unknown reason, being in a bunch of plants makes corruption damage bigger.

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:46 PM | Message # 18
Clan Protector
Quote (DonSpeedy)
(except for good priests, because they are nearly unkillable, but that's about the combination of skills, not one in particular)

Ask Hell how he can chase me for ages on different maps. Sometimes teammates (unintentionally) help me by blocking him, or a teammate actually tries to attack him.
However, I can succeed to kill him 1vs1, it might be hard, it might take a long time, but the use of environment is vital.

Quote (Hell)
I got it but I think u know what I mean: combo of 3 abilities which I use. dry

The thing with multiple abilities is simple.
If you play 1vs1 against a Priest using all his abilities, you can kill him if you're a really good dodger and a good user of environment. But it also takes a nuke class such as Warrior, Assassins's bombs and Mage.
If you play on a server on a normal day where random people play, there is NO WAY you can kill him 1vs1. You will most likely get hit by a teammate, get blocked by one, get shot by enemy, or even corrupted to death because you can't find a proper spot without enemies.
Now ... if you play in a Clanwar or a training, there is a high chance of you killing the Priest again. Teammates won't just make your way clear, they'll even help you in either killing or escaping. A Priest can play offensively there, but to not much avail.

So yeah, this is to all the "who's the lamer?" questions and all of that. In normal game, it can suck ... in all others, it doesn't.

AteistDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:47 PM | Message # 19
{KoD}Ambassador
Group: Embassy
Quote (Ateist)
but a hit is not surten,

"Certain" wink

I believe there should be no other 1-shot-abilities except for backstab. Including bombs. On the other hand they should do permanent dmg, that can't be blocked by stoneskin. This way, priestess would also be automatically nerfed, and priestess could be on default. The only question left is just; How much damage should the different abilities do?

I also hate fireblasts... It would be more fair if it was like the regular fire thing you can get in lvl 2, the only difference being, that it would be able to set its target on fire. And it should have a higher cooldown and mana cost perhaps.

Message edited by Ateist - Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:47 PM

HellDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 9:05 PM | Message # 20
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Quote (Turalyon)
Ask Hell how he can chase me for ages on different maps. Sometimes teammates (unintentionally) help me by blocking him, or a teammate actually tries to attack him.
However, I can succeed to kill him 1vs1, it might be hard, it might take a long time, but the use of environment is vital.

I agree, only Tura and few other ppl know how to defeat me 1v1 even if I use my 100% potential of priest and not only know it but in 40-60% succeed in it, so...even I know many ways how to defeat myself xDD and this can sound weird but tried many of them on priests of my type and often worked tongue But well this requires brains and patience which many don't have ^^

Gotta repeat again, to my mind, there are not either easy abilities or easy combinations of abilities...anything can be countered by any class...if u know how.

I'm hot, u r not!

tinyDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 9:10 PM | Message # 21
{KoD} Consul
Can't help noticing orceh suttly suggesting nerfs on mage r dumb. xD

Anyway, all abilities are ok, as long as their not over used. like 5 mages(all high level) on 1 team all spamming none stop, warriors spamming charge not even trying to walk from 1 point to the other or wars only or mostly using leap attack only..

I cam I saw I conquered

DragonfighterDate: Sunday, 2011-03-06, 6:57 PM | Message # 22
Rank VI
Group: Corporals
Quote (Deadman)
Well for me its bad....throwing bombs its easy coz good players can kill everyone with that and hard run away from that

I dont think so, If you dont run behind them like a butcher you know the moment when they gonna throw there bombs...

But I think NO
It shouldnt get forbidden.
I mean seriosly, its part of the game, double arrow etc, its totally normal. You cant forbid the firball. So why should you do something like this?

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2011-03-06, 7:02 PM | Message # 23
Clan Protector
Quote (Dragonfighter)
I mean seriosly, its part of the game, double arrow etc, its totally normal. You cant forbid the firball. So why should you do something like this?

These threads aren't for forbidding stuff noted or not.
It's only questioning if these abilities have the right to be called "easy" abilities.
Since I see many people saying "omg, you use only easy skills ... noob", and I want to see if they have a point or not. No one yet has changed my mind that they are easy or bad.

DragonfighterDate: Sunday, 2011-03-06, 7:06 PM | Message # 24
Rank VI
Group: Corporals
Quote (Turalyon)
These threads aren't for forbidding stuff noted or not.
It's only questioning if these abilities have the right to be called "easy" abilities.
Since I see many people saying "omg, you use only easy skills ... noob", and I want to see if they have a point or not. No one yet has changed my mind that they are easy or bad.

Hmm, I think its just stupid.
Its a normal part of the game, and I know people who cant even hit with double arrows, so I wont they thats very easy....
And I think that are special skills for each class, so they should be totally normal

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

AteistDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-08, 6:28 PM | Message # 25
{KoD}Ambassador
Tur? can I pls have the right to edit my own posts? I find it annoying that I can't tongue

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-08, 6:52 PM | Message # 26
Clan Protector
You already should be able to.

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Is using "easy" abilities bad?
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz