Thursday, 2024-04-25, 10:40 AM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Is using "easy" abilities bad?
Is using "easy" abilities bad?
TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 7:58 PM | Message # 1
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
The question is if using "easy" abilities bad?
I want to stress out that we are talking about abilities, not gamestyle (like slash).
"Easy" abilities are usually considered as Assassin's throwing bombs, triple arrow, etc

If you think they are bad, give us an argument as to why and we will discuss it.

It would be nice that anyone reading this thread would answer and say either "No" or give the argument for yes.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

HellDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:06 PM | Message # 2
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Another whether stoneskinned priest with full heal bad or not, where I am on the one side and the others r on the other side xD No thx, I am out of this conversation xD

I find all abilities good.

I'm hot, u r not!

Message edited by Hell - Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:07 PM

DeadmanDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:08 PM | Message # 3
Rank V
Group: Corporals
Well for me its bad....throwing bombs its easy coz good players can kill everyone with that and hard run away from that

CAUTION!

Walking Dead

StBDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:12 PM | Message # 4
Rank III
Group: Volunteers
Meh for me skill is countering all those easy abilities

although instant killers are punishing for "mistakes" and that where the hate come from

Same for bomb being seen as cheap killer but going on assa in straight line and not dodge enought!

for me "yes"

Message edited by StB - Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:13 PM

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:12 PM | Message # 5
Clan Protector
Quote (Deadman)
Well for me its bad....throwing bombs its easy coz good players can kill everyone with that and hard run away from that

A Mage can kill you from a distance, not even needing bombs.
And besides, you can escape a bombing Assassin if you're expecting him to use bombs.
Also, you are able to shoot them.

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:22 PM | Message # 6
Clan Protector
My opinion that there are no "easy" abilities. There are just abilities that can kill you faster than others, but that does not make them easy. I will gladly show you a difference between a random 1-month-player guy that uses an "easy" ability and me using the same ability way more efficiently.
Any ability can be countered, and same as St.B said, more skills you got, better you are at countering them.

DeadmanDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:23 PM | Message # 7
Rank V
A Mage can kill you from a distance, not even needing bombs.

but mage cant kill me even he suprised me....good assa kill me every time when I lose alertness happy

CAUTION!

Walking Dead

HellDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:23 PM | Message # 8
Rank VII
Quote (Turalyon)
Any ability can be countered

Copy that to Hell's-priest-haters tongue

I'm hot, u r not!

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:28 PM | Message # 9
Clan Protector
Quote (Hell)
Copy that to Hell's-priest-haters tongue

Hell, don't get too excited, we are talking about abilities here.

HellDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:30 PM | Message # 10
Rank VII
I got it but I think u know what I mean: combo of 3 abilities which I use. dry

I'm hot, u r not!

FuzzDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:30 PM | Message # 11
Rank VII
There is a way to avoid everything. I'm happy when a warrior slashes, it does less damage than a stance. You die faster if all stances hit you, than if all slashes hit you.

About lock on I have nothing against it. When you use lock on it becomes "easier" to hit your target, but a hit is not certain, unless you're really into the use of it. You can sidestep a lock by going the same way he is currently circling, because the lock on will make him run in a perfect elipse from the sidestep, making him miss... Also very sharp turns in a high amount of speed will make lock on miss. Another thing is that lock on has a certain delay. Which means you can be faster yourself without lock on, than someone using it. So you can sidehit him, and backhit him. If you don't believe it, let me prove it. Im assassin, you're warrior. You stand perfectly still, having lock on on me. I will try to backstab you. This is possible due to the delay. If there was no delay, this wouldn't be possible. Also while lock on is active you have a "FORCED" way of movement. While without it you have a free movement only a locker could dream of. The range indication of using lock on is the same as when you use no lock. But it's due to this "delay" that it seems like a long range hit. I see much more advantages without lock on than with it.

Fireblasts. I hate them with all my heart... I hate when team mates spam them randomly at the enemy base setting me and 2-3 other team mates on fire... The same for lorb. The avrage mage now a days simply don't give a jack shit about their team mates when using these abilities, but also in general.

Assassins bombs. I don't hate it, it's the assassins last defensive mechanism which can be avoided by a single jump, and it has a cooldown. It's also the only thing they have for really succesfully killing a warrior if the backstab fails. Now I have nothing against the bomb, but the poison. Jesus... It blackens out my screen totaly. I can't see a thing, I have no idea if it's a bug or not, but I have NO visual at all, and i really do mean NONE. I only hear sounds of things, that aren't really happening, such as an archer drawing an arrow, fireballs being shot, and stance clangs, etc.

Forbs. I have nothing against them due to the nerf they have recieved. I even liked it on default.

Stoneskin. I got nothing against it, not even on default either. It's a great teamplay tool.

Is there anything I missed / overlooked? ...

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

Message edited by Fuzz - Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:36 PM

AteistDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:35 PM | Message # 12
{KoD}Ambassador
Group: Embassy
I believe there should be no other 1-shot-abilities except for backstab. Including bombs. On the other hand they should do permanent dmg, that can't be blocked by stoneskin. This way, priestess would also be automatically nerfed, and priestess could be on default. The only question left is just; How much damage should the different abilities do?

StBDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:37 PM | Message # 13
Rank III
Group: Volunteers
*rolls eye's*

Ateeee every spell doing 70 dmg+ is like instant kill + finishing move
And making those big spells doing less dmg then our flare arrow is just dummb and waste

DeadmanDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:38 PM | Message # 14
Rank V
Tur Can you change dmg from bombs??

CAUTION!

Walking Dead

DonSpeedyDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:39 PM | Message # 15
[TSH]Consul
Group: Embassy
Quote (Turalyon)
My opinion that there are no "easy" abilities. There are just abilities that can kill you faster than others, but that does not make them easy. I will gladly show you a difference between a random 1-month-player guy that uses an "easy" ability and me using the same ability way more efficiently.
Any ability can be countered, and same as St.B said, more skills you got, better you are at countering them.

*signed*
(except for good priests, because they are nearly unkillable, but that's about the combination of skills, not one in particular)

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Is using "easy" abilities bad?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz