Thursday, 2024-03-28, 4:13 PM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Is using "slash" bad?
Is using "slash" bad?
TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:00 PM | Message # 1
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
The name already explains itself.
Is using slash bad, may it be a Warrior slashing an Assassin or an Assassin slashing a Priest.

If you think they are bad, give us an argument as to why and we will discuss it.

It would be nice that anyone reading this thread would answer and say either "No" or give the argument for yes.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

HellDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:10 PM | Message # 2
Rank VII
Group: Obers
It's the part of the game and would be dumb to remove it. And I find it good for some tactics against different classes.

I'm hot, u r not!

Message edited by Hell - Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:10 PM

DeadmanDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:10 PM | Message # 3
Rank V
Group: Corporals
im neutral about that coz I always play as Warrior tongue ....btw I never slash another players biggrin

CAUTION!

Walking Dead

Message edited by Deadman - Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:11 PM

JilakoDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:15 PM | Message # 4
Rank VII
Group: Generals
Slashing is bad in my opinion when the person is only using it. People often tend to just press/annihilate left click until something get in range, and from times to times, they run in little circles. Then, there is the "intelligent slashing" (bleh, you can't imagine how dumb it sounds to me..) where the person slashes an enemy that will very fast heal or will be likely to suicide (-> firemages/bombers) , damaging you a lot.
Of course, i'm against slashing, but well, this can be due to the fact that since I play dm, I've been told many times "slashing is for tards" etc..

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:17 PM | Message # 5
Clan Protector
I think using slash is not bad.
Any argument such as "it's easy to use" or "you kill me too fast" or "I can't move when you do it" are not good.
I think that a good landed stances can kill faster than slashes, and they can even interrupt abilities such as Archer reload and Brambles from a Priest, etc...
If you want to prove me otherwise, go play a random class and use slashes, and I will use (for example) an Archer (since it's the hardest to defend against them) and we will see how useful they are (getting close to the Archer who knows how to dodge you is hard enough, landing a stance instead of a slash in that situation would be way better).

My point of view is that using slashes, when a player is low to not risk him getting healed before you stance him or when you pin him down, is a good tactic, both in normal game and same for Clanwarses (check Bambam's play on our trainings).

StBDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:27 PM | Message # 6
Rank III
Group: Volunteers
Slaash ahh.. so much hate to them but i have to say "yes

Slash is harsh only for archers and lighting mages, low-medium skilled assasin

Warrior doh....

Assasin can always have a bomb can deal this posion dagger blow [love] or just hide
fire mages will faceroll "slashers" lighting skilled one without problem would kill slasher
archer meh will take dmg

And in hands of better players now
well i found out that 2 hits stance +slash is sometimes good becouse these times they dont expect this
Warrior back hit from ambush + few slashes do work too

Warriors use stances to end pray and asassin's as well

Meh nothing op and nothing to whine about as now lock is off so no stuck slashers on you

And renember slashers are players as well

BambamDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:31 PM | Message # 7
Rank VI
Group: Generals
Slashing is absolutely fine in my opinion.
I do prefer stances mostly, mainly because it is just more effective in most situations - and partially because using slash too often rather bores me, partially because it does not look very elegant to run around slashing, heh.
I cannot find any valid argument against slashing. Some may think that slashing is OP, but that's wrong; sure, it deals a lot of damage to "soft targets" (without armor); but the big disadvantage is that it does not interrupt the enemie's abilities like charging lightning et cetera - which is crucial for warriors mostly. It is really extremely effective against assassins (they dont have any abilities to interrupt), but I doubt that assassins are meant to fight and win versus warriors in open combat.
About "It is too easy to use": I think that this is simply not a criteria to evaluate an ability with.

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

DonSpeedyDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:35 PM | Message # 8
[TSH]Consul
Group: Embassy
I'm fine with slash if it is for a fast finishing strike (like a mage charging his lightning spell, having actually 0 hp and jumping away) or against classes you can't actually kill just by stance (which is priest, since she can full heal + stoneskin faster then one is able to finish her).
Anyway, I don't see any reason to bombard our server with new rules and stuff, since 1. noone would care and 2. less people would appreciate the change then the rest ... "just my opinion, no need going and spreading it around" (<--- quote from which game? :P )

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:47 PM | Message # 9
Clan Protector
Quote (DonSpeedy)
Anyway, I don't see any reason to bombard our server with new rules and stuff, since 1. noone would care and 2. less people would appreciate the change then the rest ... "just my opinion, no need going and spreading it around" (<--- quote from which game? :P )

We are not discussing about changing the rules for all day use, but to see how in-clan people react on it (aka, I don't want to see a good player raging about how someone killed him by slashes, that's just sad) and to maybe make something like no Lock-On on Clanwarses rule.

AteistDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 8:52 PM | Message # 10
{KoD}Ambassador
Slash is annoying yes, but I don't believe it should be removed.. It seems to me that your range shortens when using slash as warrior. It's also a nice alternative to backstabbing a priestess, so in my opinion it should stay.

tinyDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 9:00 PM | Message # 11
{KoD} Consul
Over use of slashing is unskilled and dumb(like RB local players none stop slashing). Slashing is good in only some circumstances(like slashing low hp ppl or slashing a stoneskined priest, with some stance ;)).

I cam I saw I conquered

FuzzDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 9:00 PM | Message # 12
Rank VII
Ateist it's not a thread of which abilities should be removed and which should stay. It's just a general chat about slash and your opinions :P

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

TuralyonDate: Saturday, 2011-03-05, 9:17 PM | Message # 13
Clan Protector
Exactly what Jil said.
And I agree with Tiny.

Slashing is not bad if you don't use it all the time.
It's an extremely good advantage to finish off the enemy, slash a stoneskinned Priest that just healed himself or slashing an Assassin that wants to Backstab you and you can't stance him.

Also, if a good player has low hp (let's say 1-2 slashes low), and you know he can kill you, because you have low hp too or something ... would you risk charging the stance and using it before he has the chance to either dodge you, shoot you, or both? ... or would you rather finish him off with slashes to be sure?

coxycrossDate: Sunday, 2011-03-06, 3:06 PM | Message # 14
Rank II
That's simple, i hate slasher. But i'm stupid coz' i use it when i have to finish an enemy.
It's a problem with collisions, when i'm slashed i'm completely blocked !

Reconcile not with the fear of the snake
But embrace it as your own
Inject it's venom into your veins

DragonfighterDate: Sunday, 2011-03-06, 6:36 PM | Message # 15
Rank VI
Quote (DonSpeedy)
I'm fine with slash if it is for a fast finishing strike

Thats my opinion. If you have to finish a mage, quick before he can launch his fireball at you, slasing is okay. But I just do it if my target has low hp....

So yeah, slashing is really helpfull in some situation. And I think its part of the game so, its normal for me.
But I hate this lock on butchers. dry The only thing they can do is slash slash slash, thats stupid in my opinion....

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Is using "slash" bad?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz