Friday, 2024-03-29, 11:28 AM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Priest's Combination of Abilities (Let's discuss)
Priest's Combination of Abilities
Unfair/Lame/Unbalanced/etc
1.Heal and(or) Corrupt+Stoneskin+Brambles+Staff[ 2 ][66.67%]
2.Heal and(or) Corrupt+Stoneskin+Staff[ 0 ][0.00%]
3.Heal and(or) Corrupt+Brambles+Staff[ 0 ][0.00%]
4.Only Heal+Stoneskin+Brambles+Staff[ 0 ][0.00%]
5.Only Heal+Stoneskin+Staff[ 0 ][0.00%]
6.Only Heal+Brambles+Staff[ 0 ][0.00%]
7.Only Corrupt+Stoneskin+Brambles+Staff[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.Only Corrupt+Stoneskin+Staff[ 0 ][0.00%]
9.Only Corrupt+Brambles+Staff[ 0 ][0.00%]
10.Priests should only use either Heal or Corrupt, any combo ruins the balance[ 1 ][33.33%]
Answers total: 3
HellDate: Monday, 2011-03-07, 11:39 AM | Message # 1
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Let's find out what combos you consider to be unfair/lame/unbalanced and why.

You can choose several answers at once.

If you decide to vote, explain your choice below.

Here you can discuss which combos require skill and which don't, Which are also the most fair and which are not etc.

Also you can suggest some more combos and explain why you think they are also fair/unfair, balanced/unbalanced, lame/pro etc.

And we are not talking here about 1 ability in particular, we are talking about combos (using 2 or more abilities at the same time)

The ones who choose the last variant-explain why as well.

I'm hot, u r not!

Message edited by Hell - Monday, 2011-03-07, 11:45 AM

DragonfighterDate: Monday, 2011-03-07, 12:06 PM | Message # 2
Rank VI
Group: Corporals
Where is the "nothing" slot?

Seriosly, I dont think that anything is lame or unfair.... Sure, If you use Heal/Stoneskin/Brambles/Staff you can attack you enemy and you are very strong too. So you could kill easy in my opinion. But I you dont watch you back, an assassins could backstab you and you would be dead so. A mage could launche some fireballs at you too. So I think its not unfair to use it, coz you can still get killed. If you know how!

For new players, or players who arent that good, it is very hard to kill a priest with this skills. They would call it lame/unfair coz they get depressed...

But I wont say its unfair/lame...

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

BambamDate: Monday, 2011-03-07, 12:07 PM | Message # 3
Rank VI
Group: Generals
Problem here is that it's hard to generalize that. It depends heavily on your team and your own class whether these combos are OP or not. Fact is that a decent priest is by far harder to kill than any other class; but the fact that decent teammates will focus the priest and help you in-fight makes up a bit for that.
Nearly every combo listed here can be OP in several situations, and I think all of them require skill (it's silly to discuss how much exactly compared to XYZ).

I think this thread is more about the everyday's open play on (deathmatch-)ctf rather than about clanwars. In this setting, I think what makes up a really good priest -and what's most difficult to do- is the intelligent and fast use of their variety of abilities, including respeccing in combat. Priests are very versatile, they have powerful tools to use against every other class, and using this versatility fast and wisely can make priests OP.

Additionally, due to the nerf to mages (spam and fireorbs) on the TSH/TG/EYE server (which I fully appreciate), priests using stoneskin are by far more resilient to mages, and need to care less about most of them, which makes priests' survability feeling a bit too strong currently imo.

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

HellDate: Monday, 2011-03-07, 12:09 PM | Message # 4
Rank VII
Group: Obers
Quote (Dragonfighter)

Well only 10 slots available for the poll xD Well every1 who thinks "nothing" can say it below.

I'm hot, u r not!

DeadmanDate: Monday, 2011-03-07, 1:51 PM | Message # 5
Rank V
xD none of you vote smile
Quote (Dragonfighter)

yeah hell where is that slot??btw why do you need for??Do you want be unfair,lame O.O
All combos are normal(i dont what are easiest coz I dont play Priest).Perchaps number 1is difficult if you want kill you tongue but doesn't mean you are lame :D.Just good thats all happy

CAUTION!

Walking Dead

TuralyonDate: Monday, 2011-03-07, 2:00 PM | Message # 6
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
I agree with Bam to some point.
But I think this poll isn't made as it should be.

There is a difference on who plays in open game, and then you can say if these spells are OP or not.
I can give you a simple example.
Priest fighting 4 casual players and 1 good player is easier to survive than only 1-2 good players attacking the Priest. Explanation is simple, a good player will watch friendly fire, and therefore not unleash all the nukes he has, while teammates won't care about him attacking the Priest, probably even teamkilling the good player, blocking him or just make him unable to use his abilities to it's full.

When it comes to a CTF normal game, I'm standing on a thought that Priest is almost impossible to kill. For exactly the reason noted above. The only addition is that there are even enemy players that won't care about the Priest too. But since the Priest generally has 100 hp with 50% reduced damage and a heal ready for whatever use, it would even be advisable to not care about the Priest and just shoot the enemies attacking her. Again, Priest triumphs.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

StBDate: Monday, 2011-03-07, 2:21 PM | Message # 7
Rank III
Group: Volunteers
Nothing... :P

Your priest is op... but only in pub's team play can kill you easly

While soling is bad thing like always

Message edited by StB - Tuesday, 2011-03-08, 8:25 AM

KamiziDate: Monday, 2011-03-07, 2:24 PM | Message # 8
Rank V
Stoneskin + corrput! IT'S LAME THE MOST! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He wanna kill me!

BambamDate: Monday, 2011-03-07, 9:59 PM | Message # 9
Rank VI
Group: Generals
Quote (StB)
Your priest is op... but only in pub's team play can kill you easly

While soling is bad thing like always

This is a matter of perspective. Take me as an example: I can usually not kill Hell as a priest in a 1 vs 1. Not with mage, not with warrior, not with archer, sometimes with assassin if Hell wasn't careful. Does this mean that Hell's priesting or priests in common are OP and must be nerfed by any price?
No.
It means that I don't play well enough to counter him. [EYE]Turalyon can beat Hell's priesting with pretty much every class from what I know, means it is possible. It'd be possible for me to learn it as well, as it would be possible for the most players that have trouble killing him. But this would take some effort, some training, and if you are - like me - too damn lazy to do that, then live with dying by his priest.
There are really worse things than dying to somebody in DM a couple of times in publics...

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

StBDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-08, 8:28 AM | Message # 10
Rank III
Well i got ur point i said its op only in pubs where the team kills and such occurs that works great for priest biggrin
I never said about nerfing its good as its now
I think i could actually kill hell but not in 1vs1 becouse iam assasin biggrin and in 1vs1 he will be just focussed on me
Worst thing is actually have taking this effort to actually kill good priest in pub for my meanless mage team haha

FuzzDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-08, 9:52 AM | Message # 11
Rank VII
Nothing.

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Priest's Combination of Abilities (Let's discuss)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz