Thursday, 2024-04-25, 6:35 AM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Does EYE want a server? (yup)
Does EYE want a server?
godfather[-CA-]Date: Saturday, 2007-10-20, 3:02 AM | Message # 1
[-CA-] Consul
Group: Embassy
First off, I tried to PM or write a letter, but i got a "unacceptable text" message

but anyways, here it is!

Hello, and Greetings once again

As of right now, the [-CA-] server will be closing here momentarily and will be move to Europe. I am looking for a great site like yours, because of the fact America does not have any resources to satisfy my needs for a great clan site, as I know Russia still somewhat supports Dark Messiah.

However, Russia does not have access to hosting A Dark Messiah server, as America does. So I am asking for a goods of trade with your clan!

The server will be hosted in Europe, just the same as all the official Servers, though it would be a bit better, As I understand server statistics wise. Better FPS captivity and Higher tick rate, Making it better for anyone.

I am sure a deal could be made with you and your clan.

I am thinking along the lines of giving you FULL access to the server to admin, change, modify etc. For return of your service for a clan site.

You would be able to host practices and matches/tournaments with great ease, I am also very knowledgeable when it comes to servers. So I could always help and if a serious issue does arise with the server, I can send my support tickets to have it fixed immediately

Also, by rules and regulations of servers, it is actually quite wrong to host one for clan matches. I won't go into detail, but lets just say a very big HOST advantage, especially in this game. Due to Kuju's errors

Please reply to me at dylanriggs4@hotmail.com
or on our forums

www.cerebralassassinsclan.co.nr/

Thank you

GodFather[-CA-]

ObelixDate: Saturday, 2007-10-20, 5:43 PM | Message # 2
Rank I
Group: Volunteers
So if 1 of us makes u a site u wanna share your server?

godfather[-CA-]Date: Saturday, 2007-10-20, 7:57 PM | Message # 3
[-CA-] Consul
Yes, something along those lines smile

BorbelDate: Sunday, 2007-10-21, 6:09 PM | Message # 4
Ex-Protector
Group: Spectators
I assure you Godfather, Russia has possibilities to host DMoMM servers. I think we just lazy enough to organize it. But as you can noticed [EYE] is not Russian clan only. And we need European server indeed.

As I understand, you want me to made UCOZ site with original DMoMM – CA skin for you. And if I’ll do this, you give us rights to use your European server for our needs.

Or, as you said before that you are going to give us permissions only for one month? If so, sorry. I don’t think that it's going to be a deal.

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2007-10-21, 6:31 PM | Message # 5
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Borbel is good negotiator happy

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

godfather[-CA-]Date: Sunday, 2007-10-21, 6:53 PM | Message # 6
[-CA-] Consul
This is just a beta negotiation. It also depends on the quality and what not, I am still also uncertain. I may just buy a site, or get off my lazy bum and create a flash site, but I am still uncertain. The server I will maintain, costs around $50 a month, and it is located in Europe. I believe in London. The server also runs a little bit better then the Official ones. Those have a lower tick rate, this one is a bit higher. So it would be better for higher ping archers such as myself (hence why I am getting it)

Simply allowing you to use the server whenever or locking it whenever for practices can interfere with what CA trys to do, after all [EYE] May not be the only Clan that could potentially use it.

So this is why we work out deals now? It may take you a bit to make a site anyways if I'm not mistaken?

It would be unfair to just give you rights to the server whenever for a site? I could potentially buy or pay someone else for a high end flash for say.... 130$ That is less than 3 months of a server? Where as all your hostings were free I believe? So unlimited access would be unfair in my side?

Though then again, this is only in development. I am thinking something along the lines of this. You become avaliable for the site, design. And a few other things say help with a shield logo or clan logo etc. Then you could recieve unlimited access if you get what I mean? As in, if I need you in call you would be there for it. That would give you the rights to use the server. If no help has come from you, then I can simply end the rights?

Something around like that? Just let me know Okies, and btw..... Occuring to Mana, there are no more providers for DM in Russia, only friends with dedicated servers can now. Though thats just his words

Thanks

GodFather[-CA-]

BorbelDate: Sunday, 2007-10-21, 7:51 PM | Message # 7
Ex-Protector
Well, I’m afraid there is nothing we can help you with.

As for our hosting – there are dozens of companies here that offer game-server hosting services for similar prices, as I’ve already written. Probably we should just get off our lazy bums to get a server, but we are way too lazy. wink

As for the site, I’m sorry but I have neither time nor wish to get hired by you or be “available” at any time. I have a job I’m completely satisfied with. Dark Messiah is just a game for me, a hobby, not business.

I’ve made this site here just for pleasure. It is not a professional “hand-made” site and it is hosted on a free-hosting, you’re right. In fact such a site is very easy to make, I’m sure that you can handle it yourself.

If you need a better site, a really good site takes a lot of time and effort to make. I hope you will eventually find a design-studio that will make a great site for you.

It’s just a game, let’s not mix it with business, money-deals and mutual responsibilities. Let’s play for fun! smile

godfather[-CA-]Date: Sunday, 2007-10-21, 9:01 PM | Message # 8
[-CA-] Consul
Which that is, I do not mean as in business. But I do not want taken advantage of by letting anyone use the server when ever. For all I know you could change something or delete something unchangeable. Which would cost me extra to have repaired. Or take a lot of the same precious time you have as well. To fix the problems. Nor would I want interference with what my clan decides to do. However, I do want people to play on it. Even if it is for matches or practices.

All I want is
1.A good DM site, as for America has no resources. No borders no themes, no nothing but hack and slash single player pics.
2. Help with designing a logo, ours is okay, but I can not implement it into the shield as you do.
3. As for the business, I meant as if I messed something up, or say an update to something. Everything else I could easily manage, I do not know regular web design, some how my school put me into Advanced Web Design, which i had to pick phpnuke or Flash. I chose flash.... Regular scripting or anything else I am unable to do. Also you are correct about russia or europe having many companies that host Game servers. Though they do not host Dark Messiah. smile if they do tell it to mana, cause he won't quit bugging me about it >_< lol

An example of our services would be like "hey borbel, I can't seem to bla bla bla, can you tell me how?" is what i meant to as on call. Something along those lines, in return to basically full access to the server.

Though, i really do not care. It is totally up to you. If its a no, then that is fine. I will just quit being lazy and design something in flash smile

Though I would like help with a logo sad

Have a good one

Message edited by godfather[-CA-] - Sunday, 2007-10-21, 9:02 PM

ObelixDate: Sunday, 2007-10-21, 9:05 PM | Message # 9
Rank I
tbh Borbel i rly love the layout of this site:) Where did u made it with:O?
I begun like some weeks ago with Html and i'm rly bad at it:(
And i hope we get a good server very soon:) <3

godfather[-CA-]Date: Sunday, 2007-10-21, 9:07 PM | Message # 10
[-CA-] Consul
Oh and also, borbel, when I get done with my site, I will move it to here. Here

Message edited by godfather[-CA-] - Sunday, 2007-10-21, 9:08 PM

BorbelDate: Sunday, 2007-10-21, 11:04 PM | Message # 11
Ex-Protector
I am not a web designer Godfather, I have never made sites before, It took me a week to understand how UCOZ system works. All I wanted, from site:
1 - no girly banners
2 - no advertisement
3 - fast loading
4 - user friendly navigation
5 - forum
6 - simple administrating
7 - DmoMM – looks
I have used one of standard designs, then just changed some textures using DMoMM references, created new icons and some stuff . That’s all I have done.
I don’t have an idea to create best clan site of them all. I just want it to be easy in use, and to look not bad at all.
If i did it, you can do it too, even better.
Its good that you can use flash technologies to create your site, I really like it to be uber-looking (By the way, you can place flash in UCOZ too, if you like).

And one more thing, if you need help with shield-logo and something like that, I can help you for nothing.
Not offer for offer. Just to help you when i have some time, if you need it.

Quote (Obelix)
Where did u made it with:O?

Do you see a stroke "Powered by UcoZ system" in the bottom of the screen? Click there, perhaps it will help you with your HTML studding for the start.

godfather[-CA-]Date: Monday, 2007-10-22, 2:09 AM | Message # 12
[-CA-] Consul
:P

Okies, though where did you get your references. I say again, that America has nothing of it. The only thing I can find through american web, is the Dark Messiah box, and a a few screen shots. Nothing more nothing less

Though, i can still help you with server for being kind :). Just let me know when some matches are and what not. I do not mind, i want my server used anyways, Btw it is up and running, HBD Shaft had around 65-70 ping on it. So it is a decent server smile

So how about a little help with Logo design (ideas and what not) Then I can help provide a server for you when you really need it :P

BorbelDate: Monday, 2007-10-22, 9:05 AM | Message # 13
Ex-Protector
Quote (godfather|-CA-|)
America has nothing of it. The only thing I can find through american web, is the Dark Messiah box, and a a few screen shots. Nothing more nothing less

Its really hard to believe in that. Why don’t you use Word Wide Web instead of American.
I have taken references from the game itself by taking screenshots of UI, and some textures from the official site, Some textures from DMoMM wallpaper pictures. Then I just stetted them together, added «EYE»-style and overpainted result using graphic editor. Nothing special.

Quote (godfather|-CA-|)
So how about a little help with Logo design (ideas and what not)

just send me what you already have, i'll see what I can do

godfather[-CA-]Date: Monday, 2007-10-22, 10:46 AM | Message # 14
[-CA-] Consul
well, i did use the www. Though there are much different filters. Some things are different then the www.bla bla. rus or w/e

I did go to the official site, but i didnt take anything off of it. Also, there was very few wall papers, the only wall papers found was the cyclopes sad

Alwell, I can try to send you what I have. Though I will probably go ahead and work on a flash site, It will be very hard without any means of Dark Messiah laying around smile

Oh and Borbel, would you like to use my server for your clan match in a week? I do not think the RB server is a real server. Which is quite illegal in tournament law. 1 guy there alone will have quadruple anyone else. For example (though kuju messed up)

The ping that you see is a *fake* Ping but it is okay. A person with 20 or lower ping has at least a *HALF SECOND* of lag, a person with 5 ping (the hoster) has 0 lag.

I do not know which of them hosts it, but one of them does for sure, it would be quite unfair for your side. who would want a mage running around with 0 latency???? lol

Also, it is a dynamic line, stating say they had 6mb's upload speed, you borbel or anyone in general can take 5mb's of it. The server would run fine yes, but its trickery. The server is really messing things up with Bad hit detection poor rates of 33 tick and the such.

also, there is no way they can hold 16 on a hosted server -_-. that is impossible. Then again, this was a while ago, perhaps they got a real server now? Anyways just let me know and I can help you out with it, I wanna see how it would perform with 8vrs8 as well smile

Cya

ObelixDate: Friday, 2007-10-26, 3:55 PM | Message # 15
Rank I
Quote (Borbel)
Do you see a stroke "Powered by UcoZ system" in the bottom of the screen? Click there, perhaps it will help you with your HTML studding for the start.

ah i c:) ty

Added (2007-10-23, 3:04 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (godfather|-CA-|)
Oh and also, borbel, when I get done with my site, I will move it to here. Here

I like the music on the intro:P

Added (2007-10-26, 3:55 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
God can u tell me when its done:) ?

Message edited by Obelix - Tuesday, 2007-10-23, 2:06 PM

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Does EYE want a server? (yup)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz