Saturday, 2024-04-20, 4:40 AM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » [TSH]-๖TG^-[EYE] server?
[TSH]-๖TG^-[EYE] server?
TuralyonDate: Monday, 2011-01-24, 7:39 PM | Message # 1
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
I gave Malcolm a suggestion about we sharing the server together, all three clans.

The suggestion was that we increase the slots from 16 to 20 and share the cost between the three clans. I think that would be a nice addition to the server, specially because [EYE] coming back means playing in packs. Which leads to 16 slot server being too crowded and most of the time full. Not to mention the trainings.
And in other point of view, having 2 different 16 slot servers would simply divide people in playing either in one or the other server. This way we keep them all together. The only problem I can think of would be that it might increase the lag for some people. But we can't know that until we try.

I will also start a TS server for our [EYE] use and you will be able to use it for communication with friends as well.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

TuralyonDate: Wednesday, 2011-01-26, 8:17 PM | Message # 2
Clan Protector
Any suggestion on adding a colo server is welcome and will be debated, however keep in mind that finances would be the problem.

HellDate: Wednesday, 2011-01-26, 8:20 PM | Message # 3
Rank VII
Group: Obers
I have already suggested that I could help with supporting the colo-server with money (ofc I don't think that I can afford to pay for it alone, I would like to share the cost).

I'm hot, u r not!

KoD3xDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 2:03 PM | Message # 4
Rank I
Group: Junkers
I think that it is good idea. As regards money I can also help with some part. like Hell "share the cost" btw, how much maintenance costs the server?

DragonfighterDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 5:05 PM | Message # 5
Rank VI
Group: Corporals
In my opinion, this is indeed a good idea with the shared server, but it is lagging very likely. I have experienced only yesterday, where they have 3 people on the server with a ping of 180 + plays. And then sometimes it was really really laggy.

So I think we should open up an extra EYE server. I would support it financially too. And then we might as well switch between Capture the Flag and the other mods. Always a week or so .... Because I think the TG server is simply too full when we play with 3 clans on ...

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

BambamDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 5:42 PM | Message # 6
Rank VI
Group: Generals
I don't think so, I think increasing one server's capacity is better than opening a new one. It is no good idea to split the players - and especially the good ones, meaning KoD, TG and TSH - between two servers.

Justin Bieber: "I've been sent from god to make music"
Tiësto: "I didn't send anybody"

JilakoDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 5:59 PM | Message # 7
Rank VII
Group: Generals
I agree with dragon about the lag part. I mean, the server is already pretty laggy with only 16 players, or even when it's not full. Another thing that might be good with another serv is that when there is a training on one of both serv and that the serv is locked, there is still a place where players can go play if they don't want to go on crap-servs
It is no good idea to split the players - and especially the good ones, meaning KoD, TG and TSH - between two servers.

Yes and no. It'll be easier for casual if they don't have to fight with all pros in serv. And well, if good players really want to play together, they press right click, server status and see if their friends are on serv or not.
And knowing Tur, i'm sure he'll want crusade mode on tongue

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

TuralyonDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 6:11 PM | Message # 8
Clan Protector
Crusade mode is on already - Darklan Magic Mushroom is an incredibly good server for it - 24 players, no different settings.

As for the extra server, it would cost between 6 and 12 € per month, depending on the player slots (5-12 slots). The mode is not relevant, it can always be changed.

And like I said before, the two CTF servers would only split people and therefore it's not a good idea to have them. I would also like to add that increasing slots doesn't always mean the lag would increase. It mostly depends the server that is being hosted on, the capability of the server and player's overall ping.

HellDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 6:18 PM | Message # 9
Rank VII
Well, I would even be able to pay 6 € per month, not rly much for me happy

I'm hot, u r not!

KoD3xDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 7:52 PM | Message # 10
Rank I
Group: Junkers
It is necessary to admit that at 2 the most besieged servers ofc TSH and RB doesn't often take place in order to enter and it is long to wait;/ [EYE] server would give the place for the game in small world of the dm ^^ I think that EYE server is a good idea but whether he isn't to it too early, everyone noticed that EYE had "wake up" but perhaps it is worthwhile waiting what will be farther whether this way the activity will continue. btw, I can give 6 euro too:P im sorry too my mistakes "write with dictionary" xD

DragonfighterDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 7:53 PM | Message # 11
Rank VI
Indeed Hell happy

And I agree with orc, if the server is actually "closed" to other players, where will the other players go? There are few good alternatives ...
And with a second server, the players can continue playing well .... And the server is not sooooo expensive happy
It does not have to run Capture the Flag as a mod. We just test what the other players may like. And then draw our conclusions.

And another positive point is that we make Dark Messiah alive again with a new server.
Then people can see that in Dark Messiah activity still prevails

I'm definitely for a second server! tongue

Message edited by Dragonfighter - Thursday, 2011-01-27, 7:57 PM

HellDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 8:15 PM | Message # 12
Rank VII
And ye, by the way, a new server called [EYE] (insert necessary description here), will not only be a good annoucement for ppl who don't visit our forum that we r active again, but also can make some ppl get interested in our clan, it may help us to recruit more ppl probably happy Well, it's my thoughts but anyway tongue

I'm hot, u r not!

DragonfighterDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 8:38 PM | Message # 13
Rank VI
INDEED Hell! biggrin tongue I think THAT'S another good point.

TuralyonDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 11:40 PM | Message # 14
Clan Protector
Yeah, it's nice to have advertisement, but I prefer the actual approach to one of the members that play in the game. If you post your link on your server's name, you can get just anyone on there.
And second thought about a server:
Let's say that TSH-TG server has 15/16 players and you got 3 friends there playing currently. But, you have been invited to play with another (closest) friend of yours ... now, both of you can't join the server since it's almost full, so you have to join the [EYE] server. You two play there and have fun while the rest of your friends play on the other server, having a separate fun. To actually solve this problem, is increasing the slots on one of the servers and make it possible for more people to join it. That's my opinion.

And either way, the increasing slots on the server have already gone into motion.
The extra server for us is still possible, since I see many are eager and many are offering finances - but I would strictly not put it CTF.

HellDate: Friday, 2011-01-28, 0:18 AM | Message # 15
Rank VII
Tura, that's what we r talking about: we can make a colo (coz no servs at all) and for example when we need to make a closed training we can use it as well happy

I'm hot, u r not!

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » [TSH]-๖TG^-[EYE] server?
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz