Thursday, 2024-03-28, 8:13 PM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Is using Lock-On a huge advantage?
Is using Lock-On a huge advantage?
JilakoDate: Sunday, 2011-03-06, 8:38 PM | Message # 31
Rank VII
Group: Generals
And why is Archer so special that it could take 3 enemies on him and actually win?

A warrior or an assassin can do also do it

Let's see how that would work. Bramble arrow anytime a Melee class gets near, yeah that will help ...
Or the same argument with Drill, Poison, Fire, Triple, Double arrow ... Come on, be rational.

You can't shoot theses arrows forever, you'll once run out of mana , specially with bramble. Of course, he can also not dumbly spam a barrage of arrows and wait for right time to shoot, but so can warrior, he can wait for the right time to jump in fight activate his lock and stance the archer, preventing arrows.
As for the part with the shield ... oh right, now we shrinked melee classes into Warriors only, good we're making progress.

Assassins can use stealth and jump easier than any other classes with their lower stamina cost and well, you keep telling people to use environnement, so can thoses classes.
and most cases (at least 95% of the Warriors) won't use it all the time until they reach the Archer, which again means Archer can hit them.

This is their choice if they decided not to use their shield to go faster to enemy's range, knowing they'd be shot.

I've also died many times because the enemy was a locker who hit me thanks to his lock that made his hit way easier, blocked my jumping, or prevented me from going on his sides.
And once the locking warrior has come in range to hit you, it's your turn to have to dodge his attacks and to success to get away from him. If the archer tries to run away, there are high chances he gets an hit in his back. If he attemps a jump over the enemy, he still can be hit. You can also do

run a little back and turn while in flight to shoot him.
, if he isn't following you hard with his lock, in the case it's a warrior, he can stance you before your jump or while your jump, cancelling your arrow, if it's an assassin ,he can backstab you or use the speed of his backstab to turn around you with lock.

And as for having problems lockers, I often have because i get stuck into them way more often than with non-locking enemies, but it's maybe because my dark messiah is very buggy and i'm a special case.

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

coxycrossDate: Sunday, 2011-03-06, 10:29 PM | Message # 32
Rank II
Group: Corporals
Lock-on in my eyes is the equivalent of aim-bot

Same for me. But it's a part of the game, and i'm not against it.

Reconcile not with the fear of the snake
But embrace it as your own
Inject it's venom into your veins

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2011-03-06, 11:15 PM | Message # 33
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
Are you kidding me, Jil.
I don't know, either you don't want to see the big picture because you feel the urge to tell how bad Lock-On is, because you get killed by people using it, or you just can't see it.
You're talking in circles all the time.
You're always checking the parts where stuff towards the Warrior's benefit happens.
It's like you simply want to ignore the part of "what if", because you think it's not important.

Assassin, stealthed or not can get shot from a distance by any arrow. He also has the change to avoid it or that the shooter misses. Better the shooter, higher the chance to hit, no matter the opponent's skill of attempt of dodging. Same goes for Warrior, if he chooses to run with his shield up all across the map, he won't run that faster than the Archer can. He will lower his guard in order to get to the Archer. You have the window of opportunity to shoot, if you don't, that's your mistake, not his good skill of seducing you otherwise.
About the terrain that the attack can use ... it's not the attacker that chooses the combat's ground.

Quote (Jilako)
A warrior or an assassin can do also do it

Any class can. My point was that it's determined that he can't win it all the time.
Quote (Turalyon)
Let's see how that would work. Bramble arrow anytime a Melee class gets near, yeah that will help ...
Or the same argument with Drill, Poison, Fire, Triple, Double arrow ... Come on, be rational.

Quote (Jilako)
You can't shoot theses arrows forever, you'll once run out of mana , specially with bramble. Of course, he can also not dumbly spam a barrage of arrows and wait for right time to shoot, but so can warrior, he can wait for the right time to jump in fight activate his lock and stance the archer, preventing arrows.

Are you kidding me, if Archer had Lock-On on close combat and hit with ANY of these arrows, it's basically over.

As for the rest ... I've died countless of times by people who Locked-On me, and I've died countless of times by people who don't ... and I've killed both Lock-On'ers and non-Lock-On users even more countless of times, yet these are still not good enough reasons for promoting it or dismissing it.

And I will stress it again, what was it 142th time? Melee combat in Multiplayer games is extremely hard. Lock-On is used for that exact purpose, and I will support it until Lock-On also gives you invulnerability and 1-shot boost attacks.
I won't even bring up WoW into it, but I bet that in Guild Wars's PvP system you also have something like "players can move through other players" system, making them unable to hit each other because Multiplayer interactions are unpredictable and not able to use with ease, or anything similar to that.
And since this is an FPS game, where you can't make people move through each other, Lock-On is the next possible options, for Melee users that is.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2011-03-06, 11:19 PM | Message # 34
Clan Protector
I am still not convinced that Lock-On is bad. Not one good argument has been shown to me.
For the moment I have one good argument for it (which is that it's an Melee based FPS game for multiplayer) (arguments such as "it came with the game, so it's fine" are bad - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXX8URSUWm0 this YouTube video is about WoW, but you will get the idea even if you don't play it) and zero arguments against.

And if you want my opinion about it, not as a neutral observer, I can tell you that I don't see Lock-On being overpowered and bad, nor do I see it as such a huge advantage (when we speak about good players only). I won't mind people removing it and I won't mind it staying.
May it be for the whole server or just the Clanwars rule.

FuzzDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-08, 9:48 AM | Message # 35
Rank VII
Group: Corporals
Great argument! It's exactly what rogues do in world of warcraft. If they ever encounter an enemy they know they can't beat, they pop vanish (goes invisible). Any good assassin without a chance to beat his encounter in Dark messiah does the same. Lock on can follow you in invis. In Dark Messiah though. But let's be hones, who hasn't outran a locking warrior either by turning skills, jump skills, or using the environment? The possibilites are countless! And when you finally know you're able to beat the enemy, you of course do so. Bomb or w/e. Other classes have somewhat same advantages. If they can kite them, they kill them. Archers being able to hit a warrior in the legs or head adds a great balance and unique technique to the game. I don't have to add priestesses, do I? They are very hard to kill...

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

Message edited by Fuzz - Tuesday, 2011-03-08, 9:50 AM

KoD3xDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-08, 4:59 PM | Message # 36
Rank I
Group: Junkers
For meh lock is like "cheating' o.o and this is true!^^ i hate slashers+ lock *stuck*, and priest brambles + lock =lame :S So what if that someone is evasive, changing directions of escape etc, and it does not work that someone lock you! fu! game ceases to make sense... btw, lock dont help new players, if someone start play witz lock they never try play without thats all:>

TuralyonDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-08, 5:38 PM | Message # 37
Clan Protector
Quote (KoD3x)
For meh lock is like "cheating' o.o and this is true!^^ i hate slashers+ lock *stuck*, and priest brambles + lock =lame :S So what if that someone is evasive, changing directions of escape etc, and it does not work that someone lock you! fu! game ceases to make sense... btw, lock dont help new players, if someone start play witz lock they never try play without thats all:>

Did you even read other posts?

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » Is using Lock-On a huge advantage?
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz