Tuesday, 2024-03-19, 10:42 AM

Main Page
Register

Welcome Guest | RSS

[New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Turalyon  
Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » A plugin for headshot on server ?
A plugin for headshot on server ?
LimfiDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 8:27 PM | Message # 1
Rank II
Group: Junkers
Ok,lets start with a suggestion :
We are talking about plugins (all the time) for having less lag..thats very nice but what about creating some plugins which could upgrade the "normal" game in a way:
For example:
- What about a plugin for "headshot" (it will be very funny for archers andmages) and it will not affect the gameplay of the classes or make it more laggy..( i think)

Offtopic: can someone do sth about the archer bug and the bunnyhop at the server ?

I AM NOOB AND I AM PROUD !

JilakoDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 8:33 PM | Message # 2
Rank VII
Group: Generals
I totally disagree with such plugin. Firstly, it would be rampage with the lightning mages and firemages. Secondly (does this word exist? bah, i don't care), the hitboxes are weird enough, no need to add more strange things. And well, there are already many people thinking there are headshots, even if there are not, so they seem to live fine without it tongue

L'enfer, c'est les autres.

MightyMalcolmDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 8:38 PM | Message # 3
[TSH]Consul
Group: Embassy
apart from the balancing aspects i'd also think that it might be difficult to do technically. DM player models carry less information than e.g. those from CS:S. there simply is no "headshot-area". we'd need to work around that (which, i think luna said, is doable) but it will be difficult when it comes to missiles actually hitting a person. they are not meant to distinguish WHERE they hit (if i recall that correctly). will ask though.

Applause from the audience, please!

LimfiDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 8:52 PM | Message # 4
Rank II
If its so difficult to create sth like this, i step back *respect* it was only an idea,just let it pass...

BUT pls do sth about this:
Quote (Limfi)
Offtopic: can someone do sth about the archer bug and the bunnyhop at the server ?

FuzzDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 8:57 PM | Message # 5
Rank VII
Group: Corporals
headshot would be retarded, thinking of the amount of damage ranged classes already do in this game, it would be like saying melee should be able to decapitate it's opponent, it's retarded, sorry.

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

DragonfighterDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 9:14 PM | Message # 6
Rank VI
Quote (Limfi)

But you know what exactly an archer bug is Limfi? Coz Xone was crying about it last time too. And he said that I would use it. He didnt even know WHAT an archer bug is and such stuff.

And If you want to have a plugin against it, forget it you cant make one I guess.

Second point would be that you are an EYE Member, if you see people doing this call and admin or try to talk with them about this.

What manner of man is a man, who's not trying to change the world?!

TuralyonDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 9:18 PM | Message # 7
Clan Protector
Group: Grandees
I think it "could" be a good idea if you don't exaggerate.
Quote (Limfi)
- What about a plugin for "headshot" (it will be very funny for archers andmages) and it will not affect the gameplay of the classes or make it more laggy..( i think)

If a "headshot" pluging were to be installed, Mages aren't the class that would get them.
Because:
  • Lightning electricutes the whole body, even if you got struck by lightning in the hand. So if you understand laws of physics, you'd know that it's impossible.
  • Fireballs already do "headshot" damage, but it can be considered as a bug. Hitting someone in the head from upwards when he jumps will deal 100+ damage.

About Archers, it'd be ideal if the Flare Arrow were to be set to the same damage as Normal Arrow (to not exaggerate the damages).
    A drill arrow would deal 95 damage (when stanced - default is 85) and normal arrow would deal around 62 (when stanced - default is 56) (consider it as a suggestion).

Quote (Fuzz)
    headshot would be retarded, thinking of the amount of damage ranged classes already do in this game, it would be like saying melee should be able to decapitate it's opponent, it's retarded, sorry.

If by "retarded" you mean "inappropriate", then I disagree. Yes, about the Mage it's agreeable, but my previous quote took care of that. About Archers, it's be actually nice to see them deal a little more damage - we could in fact agree that Archers are the least lethal class in DM.

However, I stress out that the hitbox should be thought through. It must not be too big, rather too small.

Quote (Limfi)

I doubt that the Archer bug is fixable with a plugin. And even so, bug (the ones we all agreed upon) exploiting is forbidden on the shared server and those people using them are warned and later kicked.
    About the bunny-hop. We had hours of discussions about it (which to I am still against), but we got to the part of "excessive bunny-hopping", which doesn't really make the desirable change. It is "kind of" still allowed. And yeah, there were discussions about bunny-hopping to be removed with a plugin, but the problem with that is that jumps off the stairs or cliffs increase your movement and the plugin would reduce your movement instead.

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.
  •  
    LimfiDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 9:29 PM | Message # 8
    Rank II
    Quote (Dragonfighter)
    But you know what exactly an archer bug is Limfi?

Ofc i know.
    And yes i cant create a plugin,thats the reason i wrote this..i had this idea when i saw alnitak wrote sth about that in tsh forum..
    Anyway, LET IT PASS ! THINK THAT YOU DIDNT READ THIS THREAD

one more time offtopic:
    @dragon
    Come on i play the game 3 years,you think i dont know whats the archer bug? > Oo
    Here is the description:
    The archer bug "happens"when someone is switching the types of arrows..(pressing q or other buttons)
    With this you reload very fast and you use different arrows..(you make other ppl very angry sometimes)
    For example using drill arrow with flare arrow..

DonSpeedyDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 9:58 PM | Message # 9
    [TSH]Consul
    *sneaks in* lovely how people quickly get "excited" about the "plugin-topic" *sneaks out again ph34r

HellDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 10:04 PM | Message # 10
    Rank VII
    Group: Obers
    I completely agree with Tura and I think that an ability to do headshots for an archer would be nice (maybe even if u manage to do that u can link it to eagle eye-the skill which is never used when u play as an archer). And indeed some arrows really should do more dmg..And every1 knows that Mage>Archer and this sucks -_-

I'm hot, u r not!

JilakoDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 10:45 PM | Message # 11
    Rank VII
    Lightning electricutes the whole body, even if you got struck by lightning in the hand. So if you understand laws of physics, you'd know that it's impossible.

Mmmh, reporting to an old chat i had on dm with some other players about how dm is unrealistic, how can people jumping get damaged by lightning since they aren't in contact with the ground?
    Come on i play the game 3 years,you think i dont know whats the archer bug? > Oo

Don't take it bad, it's just that there are tons of people calling others "buggers" when they don't bug, even if dragon could ask with some more ..subtility? tongue

FuzzDate: Monday, 2011-07-04, 0:02 AM | Message # 12
    Rank VII
    Archers 2-shot, mages 2-shot, they can both hit any melee, even shielded warrior or safeguarded warrior, or each other. I don't see why they should be given headshot. Archers can also even double arrow for the one shot, or tripple, or to be more aggressive in faster dps, drill arrows (still considered 2 shot, but does more dmg faster.) The fact that they are both able to take out any class before reaching them so easily makes up for the "No-headshot-mode" in Dmomm. And yes, mages might take out archers a little bit easier, but considering that an archer fires so damn fast, that even a warrior cant stance quicker, should make up for it. Just hit your opponent (yes aim is required, sux doesn't it?) I don't disagree with it's the lass lethal class in all of dm (archer), but if we make headshot available for archer etc, then who will be the less lethal class then? Considering the less lethal class is still pretty lethal when it comes to it...

Turalyon - "Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, so fuzzy wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he!?"

JilakoDate: Monday, 2011-07-04, 9:40 AM | Message # 13
    Rank VII
    Just hit your opponent (yes aim is required, sux doesn't it?)

*agressively points out "lock" thread*
    About a plugin on headshot, another thing we could do would be to add a graphical effect on the screen of persons instead of adding damages (such as a blur effect for some seconds), that wouldn't ruin the game and make it a bit more realistic i think.

TuralyonDate: Monday, 2011-07-04, 10:01 AM | Message # 14
    Clan Protector
    Group: Grandees
    Quote (Jilako)
    Mmmh, reporting to an old chat i had on dm with some other players about how dm is unrealistic, how can people jumping get damaged by lightning since they aren't in contact with the ground?

You can get electrocuted in mid-air. Imagine that you have lots of steam around you, or that you carry a electricity transportable item, et cetera.

Quote (Fuzz)
    And yes, mages might take out archers a little bit easier, but considering that an archer fires so damn fast ......

"A little bit easier"? Lol.
    And Archers fire a little faster than a Mage can with his Fireball - oh and, he can control it back to the enemy if he misses him the first time *points at curving Fireballs that most good Mages use*.
    Whereas Mages will be able to fire at you about 42 Fireballs before they go out of Mana whereas you will need to wait to get Mana after shooting 3-4 drill arrows. And yeah, Fireball on direct hit deals the same or higher amount of damage as drill arrow does.

And I have to ask, Fuzz. Why do people who hate playing against such classes (same as Kamizi's arguments for Priest nerf) always find the most ridiculous and desperate arguments in order to be right? And okay, let's say you did make some good arguments, but we're talking about an awesome skill-shot here, and even that doesn't give you more than 5-10 damage. If you can't live without that, then I see no reason why would we keep side-hits on - they do in fact increase Warrior's damage by what, 20-30 damage? Archer is the only class that doesn't benefit from side-hits ... I think that skill-shot that we call "headshot" would make up for it.

Quote (Fuzz)
    I don't disagree with it's the lass lethal class in all of dm (archer), but if we make headshot available for archer etc, then who will be the less lethal class then?

Seriously, we're making this another Kamizi-argument thread? Again, we're talking about a minor boost and even that requires a nice aim. There were arguments in [TSH] forum "because Priest will get 10% nerf on Stoneskin, others classes will be overpowered because she won't" - and we all know this is the most ridiculous argument ever created for self-benefit. If other classes are balanced as it is, there is no reason when nerfing Priests to make other classes overpowered because of that. It's a change which affects one class. Same is with the Archer. Archer will still be a fragile class which (and is the only class that can't) can't block/parry melee attacks, they will still do exactly the same damage to other classes, but if they actually manage to hit you directly in the head, then I think they should be rewarded for the extra damage.

@Jilako
    I'd advise against blur effects. Certain effects make people more susceptible to them than others (poison effect for one). Some (like me) have a glitch that when we receive any form of damage (so that the red circle would appear), the screen goes completely dark, duration depending on the height of the damage. I think this would only make things worse graphical-wise.
    I still think that adding damage on headshot would be a good idea. But let's say we end up not agreeing on this point at all, a good substitute (if we ignore the blur effect) would be a "knockback" or something - "The one who gets a headshot is unable to move or attack for 0.25 seconds.".

Your reasoning is excellent -- it's only your basic assumptions that are wrong.

DonSpeedyDate: Monday, 2011-07-04, 11:14 AM | Message # 15
    [TSH]Consul
    About the "archer can't stand in close combat": I guess some sort of "little help" would be (for the archer) the "kick-function", which luna invented for mp, so that he might be able to keep the melee class away (balanced ofc, not kicking them 20 meters away or so). But since you can dodge the melee by jumping away as well, i guess noones in for that one^^ But well, just an idea tongue

Anyway, I like the headshot thingy, and i still think that it's quite dumb (when we are talking about realism already like the electricty) that an arrow in the toe does the same damage as one in the chest ...
    But then again the problem with the hitboxs accures wacko

Message edited by DonSpeedy - Monday, 2011-07-04, 11:15 AM

Forum » EYE Clan Forum » Questions and Suggestions » A plugin for headshot on server ?
    Search:

Copyright Borbel © 2024 Powered by uCoz